lower back and abdomen pain

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi guys. Yesterday was a day from HELL. I have 2 prolapsed disks in back which give me no end of grief and I normally take large dose ibruprofen, co codamol and diazepam when super bad. Now Im pregnant no medication and using hot water bottle. Yesterday however the pain was very much to the left side if lower back which I would not worry about but the pain was also at the front left abdomen too. A sharp stabbing pain in both followed by dull ache. I actually think this is caused by consolation and trapped wind (my sensible head) but when I was still awake at 4 am unable to get any relief, I was convinced its an Soooo pregnancy.....why at 4 am Im Google??? Aaaarrgghhh. Woke up this morning again with back and abdo pain but deffo not as bad as during night. No bleeding but pain is a nightmare. All the pains I've had since and including ov have been on left hand side. I should also mention that a year ago I ended up with nerve damage in left side of back and have little feeling in lower left leg now. Its probably all connected but my gut feeling is trapped wind and constipation. Anyone else out there suffering??

Last edited:
No hun, i feel fine, although i did have pain on xmas day which was a bit uncomfortable, i havent had any since...

really hope your pain starts to ease soon, sounds painful and uncomfortable!!! xx

I've had lower back n abdomen pain, went for a scan and they found a cyst on my right ovary, but I can also feel the pressure of my constipation issue on my back, so I think that's makin the back pain worse :'( ur not the only one don't worry Xxx

Its just so hard not being able to take anything for it. There is only so much a bath and a hot water bottle can do.... Oh but bliss when some of that trapped wind escapes lol.....not sure if DH would agree!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back