Heartburn / Trapped Wind

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
What a night I have put in!! :wall: :wall:

Had a late take away from the Chinese. Stupid me got curry sauce. Now normally in this pregnancy ive been ok with it so I dont know if it was cause it was late at night but Baby Howe didnt like it AT ALL. Within half an hour of eating it I had the worst heart burn and trapped wind. Took some Gaviscon and it did nothing so tried to get my wind up and calm my tummy down.. I was coming up bit by bit but I was in mega mega pain. Decided to go to the loo and as soon as I sat down I had the runs!!! TMI I know... great :talkhand: next thing I know im feeling like im going to pass out and had to run to get into bed.... so all in all it wasnt a great night.

The thing im getting at is. When gaviscon doesn't work what else can you use. I cant stand milk since getting pregnant and was told that helps but like I say I cant use it or I will throw up :puke:

what have you girls used to get up your trapped wind and get rid of heartburn... im scared to eat anything :lol:

For heartburn I use the gaviscon tablets - can't stand the liquid - ice cream, and hot chocolate (Options, which you make up with water). In my first pregnancy though there was very little relief. I ended up sleeping upright to stop from gagging.
For trapped wind I found fizzy water helped - can't imagine why - it seems illogical but thats what I found. Also bouncing around on the birthing/gym ball.

Brilliant I will try these next time, I was in agony last night and its still a little sore today to be honest. Still really windy :oops:

Hey hun i know were on msn at the mo but i got through packets and packets of the rennie soft chews they are safe to use during pregnancy, I suffer with IBS and i never had an attack while i was taking them. Hope this helps :hug: :hug: xx

I actually had to see the doctor last week as had such bad heartburn the pain actually went into my shoulder and was absolutely agony (couldnt breathe or move the pain hurt so much), also had horrendous constipation - my doctor gave me gaviscon advance which seems to have done the trick!

I absolutely adore curries and especially the hot ones, but since I hit about 15 weeks I suffer so badly after eating one (sometimes for 2+ days afterwards) that my hubby has banned them from the house :lol:

I would definitely cut down on the spicy stuff, although I know how tough it is :(

It's chilli that does it for me and tomato sauces in the evening. Eating more at lunch and less at dinner helps me and Rennie. It's horrid isn't it :hug:

+++

hi lesley,
i suck the "xxx" mints,they help me to burp and bring up wind!!
hope this may help you too! x :hug:

Rennie seems to do the trick for me and anything fizzy :D

I also use Gaviscon but can't stand the tablets - they feel like lumpy slime when you chew them :puke: :puke:

I've always found Rennie to be a big help with heartburn. I've only had it a couple of times but when I have Rennie has really helped :hug:

and Rennies are ok to take when pregnant yeah??

ive been windy today. I will be gutted if i cant eat my curries :( aint it funny how summit doesnt bother you one day and then other the next, this pregnancy lark is a funny business aint it... I will take everything on board that has been posted cause ANYTHING that will help with it will be bloody fantastic :lol: ive never felt pain like it!!!

thanks for all your replies girls!! means alot :hug:

Yeah you can definatly take Rennie in pregnancy. Probably about the only thing you can take! lol

lauranjamesnbaby said:
Yeah you can definatly take Rennie in pregnancy. Probably about the only thing you can take! lol

:lol: yr telling me, im sick of been told I cant take stuff :lol:

I have found I cant eat Chinese but can eat Indian curry - in fact if I eat chinese at the moment I feel really unwell - Dave suspects its the MSG that they put in it whereas I dont think indians have any in.....

The only thing that seems to help me is warm milk at the minute - I have it with a spoon of sugar and it seems to ease the wind and heartburn in one.

I have had heartburn since the day I found out with this LO and thats why I was convinced he was a boy :D had it confirmed by my scan yesterday - in my experience heartburn = boys :rotfl:

Jane x

I was scared to eat my tea last night and It was only burger and chips! I still seemed to be windy until I ate that and then felt a little better. Also OH bought me a can of pepsi which seemed to get my wind up :oops: :oops: :lol: Pepsi is so much more gasier then coke aint it... :lol: how sexy am I at the min :lol: stand down wind girls :lol:

I'm always getting trapped wind and it can be really uncomfortable! But I find that peppermint tea really helps and quite quickly too :)

Right this is only if it gets really really BAD ( i mean like it feels like your having a heart attack, pain in shoulder and middle of your back, the feeling of being short of breath etc) go to the doctor and ask for omeprozol, tell him your friend gave you one and it really worked or something. it is what they prescripe for the adult version of reflux, i have sufferd for years but obviously twice as bad now im pg.

it is safe to take in pg but dont over do it as it stops your tummy producing too much acid, well if your not producing too much in the first place it will stop you producing ENOUGH acid after a while.

Hope it eases for you xx

Right this is only if it gets really really BAD ( i mean like it feels like your having a heart attack, pain in shoulder and middle of your back, the feeling of being short of breath etc) go to the doctor and ask for omeprozol, tell him your friend gave you one and it really worked or something. it is what they prescripe for the adult version of reflux, i have sufferd for years but obviously twice as bad now im pg.

it is safe to take in pg but dont over do it as it stops your tummy producing too much acid, well if your not producing too much in the first place it will stop you producing ENOUGH acid after a while.

Hope it eases for you xx

it was bad enough the other night, exactly like you described with the pain in the back and shoulder. I will bare in mind what you have said cause I honestly dont think I can have pain like that again!!! thanks xxx

MrsBrightside said:
it was bad enough the other night, exactly like you described with the pain in the back and shoulder. I will bare in mind what you have said cause I honestly dont think I can have pain like that again!!! thanks xxx

Thats exactly how it is for me too..........I have just decided no more spicy foods at all for me, and I am no longer going to eat any proper meal - last night had chop, mash and veg and suffered all night, so from now on its "little and often" eating for me - I cant cope with the heartburn, wind and just general stomach pains from being so full (even when I dont eat very much)!

The gaviscon Advance liquid definitely helps for me - got it off my doctor (and happy to take advantage of free prescriptions whilst I can) - you are supposed to take it upto 4 times a day!

I have always suffered with IBS which I think makes everything worse now Im pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back