Healthy mummys to be?

positivity :)

Reaction score
hi ladies

i was wondering what you ladies are doing health wise now that you are 'with child'?? before i got my bfp i was eating healthily, lots of brown rice, brown pasta and sweet potatoes, increased my fish meals to twice a week and cut down on bad drinks. i ate fruit everyday and drank innocent smoothies.

i really think that its possible i owe my bfp to my diet after 10 months of trying and nothing!! therefore, i have continued to eat as healthy as possible (although i have had a few mini cadbury cream eggs this week - and its only monday!!)

what's the plan for you lovely ladies, are you thinking, sod it, i'm preggers i'm going to enjoy eating what i want when i want or are you going for the healthy route??

xx

It sounds like you're doing really well!! I am failing miserably, particularly on the exercise front! Used to go 3 times a week to the gym for classes or swim and am now struggling to go once! With eating I am finding I want really specific things so sometimes that's healthy and sometimes it's not! I weighed myself today and I am too ashamed to say how much I've gained (am 12 weeks on Wednesday) but I know it's too much for 1st trimester. I think I have the best of intentions but find it very difficult to stick to when I don't feel well. I used to comfort eat before being PG and I guess I'm still doing that and not exercising enough so it's bound to pile on :-( Am hoping I can get in a better routine when I feel a better and not be too hard on myself xxx

aw hun don't be too hard on yourself. i'm only 4-5 weeks so much easier for me, i'm sure all of this will change very soon lol! excersize is the element i am missing, im too scared in case i do something to the baby (great excuse right!?)

xx

I am eating healthily but this is because it's an effort for me to eat at the moment. I make sure it's three meals a day still. Like today for breakfast I had museli, a salad for lunch and a baked potato for dinner. I wasn't hungry for any of it but I knew I needed it :roll: xx

I can understand hun, although I did discuss it with my doctor and midwife- they say if you're used to it it should be fine, but not to get too hot or keep your heartrate above 130 bpm. I think I'm going to just opt for regular swimming as it's less strain on the joints. The one class I do is giving me a few twinges in my back now (have had back problems in the past) so doubt I'll go for much longer (if at all). Other thing I'm going to try to do is walking, even if it's a little way, something is better than nothing right? Trying to focus on the fact that they say labour is easier if you keep exercising to keep the muscles strong etc! Pelvic floor is always a good exercise coz u can do it sitting down! lol! :)

I am eating quite healthy, before getting pregnant I had a terrible diet, so I know I needed to change the main problem im having is getting really hungry then eating too much and feeling bloated, ive tried eating little and often instead today and im still getting wind and feeling crappy. Cant win :mad:

I am going to start swimming and also I'd love to do yoga. I did it years ago and loved it so I think I'll be doing it again if I can find somewhere local that does it. Also, we live in gorgeous countryside, I usually run round it but I'll be walking it instead cos I'm normally hanging together after my runs :roll: x

My friend did pregnancy yoga and found it really good.....I might look into that too!

hey princess :wave: i'm starting to feel like that a little bit. i could have gone without dinner tonight but OH forced me to eat my fish, rice and salad. i know he's right but i really just wanted a bowl of cornflakes!

i think i'm going to do swimming too hunny! i'm so rubbish that when i was ttc i didnt exsercise in case i 'moved' something lol!! so im not used to it but done lots of walking in the past week though :)

xxx

Husband the chef is trying to get all good things into me and I'm sneaking chocolate, lol

:rofl: Oh believe me star, if I wanted choc then nothing or no one would stop me from eating it ;-)

I wonder if this means we'll have different sexed babies cos one's on and one's off choc? We'll have to monitor the situation ;-)

(I hate saying stuff like that, I find it hard to think ahead to an actual baby *sigh* )

lucky you star fish!!! as he's a chef i'm sure he can make it pretty and more appealing right?

i'm prone to weight gain easily and ive spent years keeping my weight down, i know it shouldn't be a big concern but i don't want to put on loads and loads of excessive weight!! :(

xx

(I hate saying stuff like that, I find it hard to think ahead to an actual baby *sigh* )

i hear you princess, i just said to my OH (as a joke) shall we dress our baby in zebra print when he or she arrives, just like kat and alfies baby on eastenders!?

felt very strange saying that as its the first time i've done that!!

xx

:rofl: Oh believe me star, if I wanted choc then nothing or no one would stop me from eating it ;-)

I wonder if this means we'll have different sexed babies cos one's on and one's off choc? We'll have to monitor the situation ;-)

LOL, Funny thing is that I dont normally eat chocolate. Now I have a giant sized dairy milk hidden in the napkin draw!

OMG, I sooo pray we both (all) get to the sex of the baby stage! I was convinced the last one was a boy, and I'm pretty sure this one is a girl. Not for any reason, just a feeling, could be totally wrong, cant wait to find out! FX we get there :pray:

lucky you star fish!!! as he's a chef i'm sure he can make it pretty and more appealing right?

i'm prone to weight gain easily and ive spent years keeping my weight down, i know it shouldn't be a big concern but i don't want to put on loads and loads of excessive weight!! :(

xx

Yes, he makes fab food and I'm very lucky. But like you I tend to put weight on easily so his wonderful cooking can be a nightmare for me! I swear I'm getting fatter by the day, so depressing

You are all doing so well :)
I was eating healthy up till about 6 weeks then it went down hill from there, ive had really bad sickness this time and was just eating what I could. Thankfully my sickness has turned to abit of nausea so im back eating healthy and even went on a 3mile walk yesterday, OH thinks I overdid it but when im used to running 13.1 miles, 3 miles walking doesnt seem very far! x x

Before I got pregnant, I was trying to eat healthily, but I eat whatever I want now. But the good thing is that I actually want healthy stuff :) Don't want sweet/chocolaty stuff at all, but crave veggies and fruit. The only thing that I crave that might not be considered very healthy are carbs - potatoes and pasta! But I was on a low-carb diet before, so maybe my body now genuinely needs it?

The only thing I delberately cut down on is tea. As a result, I drink more smothies. That's definitely a healthy change!

Oh yeah I'm off caffeine. I was off caffeine before getting my bfp this time cos I got a HUGE jar of decaf last time and still have it so have just been using it. I went off tea about a year ago and have probably had about 5 cups (not enjoyed) in the past year (weirdo) lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back