when will I start to get a bump?

positivity :)

Reaction score
i responded to a thread in ttc about having not gone to the gym during ttc and i've now started pregnancy as a bit of a chubber :roll:

before my bfp i had started eating healthily and the first few weeks i was really good but.......

my pregnancy book says 'during tri 1 you may not fancy eating many things you normally would so eat what you can' to me that means 'during tri 1 if you want a cake or crisps or curries and bad fizzy drinks - go for it' :oooo:

you know the saying 'the diet starts tomorrow' well i seem to be saying 'the healthy eating starts in tri 2' not good!

anyway, the point of this thread is to ask when will i get a bump that i can actually blame on pregnancy rather than my new pregnancy diet? xxx

Last edited:
Everyones different but I would presume it would be after 12 weeks? Some girls show earlier, some don't show til after 20 weeks. I suppose you can always blame pregnancy as soon as you like though :lol: xx

:wave:I think as soon as u need mat clothes is when u can blame !! Ive started to get that is she isnt she look but its my 3rd pregnancy and im a curvy girl !!! did need mat clothes quicker with my first though now i think bout it !!!

I was trying to be healthy, but tonights dinner was from the chippy, washed down with coke. :( Had all intentions of being good and exercising, but have no energy at all! Bah. I'll be laying blame on bump too. :-D

I started showing at around 16 weeks. But I wouldn't say it was obvious I was pregnant until about 20 weeks. But since then I've just ballooned very suddenly and now I'm VERY obviously pregnant! :) xx

Everyone seems so different in tri 2, I'm not really showing yet others due around the same time as me have obvious bumps and wearing maternity clothes! Have a look though some of the bumpy pics!

I got told yesterday at the school picking up my LO that they can notice it now lol. I couldn't keep it a secret so they knew from about 6weeks. I'm a chubby girl, always had a bit of a podgy on me and never really managed to get rid of the last bit after my 8yr old was born lol.
I'm the same tho, I blame blob on the nasty things I want, I nearly ate a whole cheesecake last night lol. But at the moment it's a "is she isn't she"
My OH says I have a bump and wants to start taking piccies.........erm I'm not keen yet loo. X

Wow.. I feel like I'm carrying triplets or something now.
I have a little bump already, my mum says I'm going to be huge :|
I'm normally a size 8 although I can squeeze into a 6, but that's all changed now and I'm starting to believe my palm reader was right and I'm carrying twins! Eeeeek.

At first I started to eat healthy, but now I just eat whatever I can because the sickness feeling is taking over.
A lot of people will tell you to eat what you can and what you fancy eating. As long as you take your folic acid I think you'll be fine.

I don't drink caffeine still, and I just eat what I'm offered. Yesterday it was chips and cheese from the chippy :p I was out all day and just wanted some food quickly when I got home so MIL got us all a takeaway. xxx

The same here at the beginning i was eating healthy ( for a few weeks) but now at 11weeks I don't feel like eating many things and the worst is I don't know what I want to eat.
It's my first pregnancy and I started quite showing at around week 9>:)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back