Health visitor

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
yesterday I got a letter from my doctors surgery and it said an appointment has been made for me to see a health visitor for a week Tuesday but why do I have to see one now? I thought you only saw health visitors after you had the baby?

Have you requested a home birth as I think they come and see you before if you have.

Either that or it could just be a mistake. I would ring the surgery and check?

No I haven't requested a home birth but the letter says that they would like to meet me now that I am expecting a baby so I'm not sure if it is a mistake. I just don't know why they would want to see me before I've had the baby.

It might be to do with something the midwife put in your notes. I know mine mentioned that my notes would be referred to a health visitor as a result of the fact my ex was violent towards me. Not seen one yet though. Could be a whole multitude of things and might be specific to the area where you live. :)

I saw my HV before Dylan was born..she came and basically talked about the services and procedure...Chatted about b/feeding too..it was pretty informal.

The very first time I saw my midwife she asked me if there was any cot deaths in the family, I told her about my cousin who died of cot death so maybe it's something to do with that.

i saw hv before i had hannah and she gave me the red book to take to hospital with me and talked over any concearns i had

My GP surgery routinely gets all pregnant women to meet the health visitor before the baby is born. It is very informal, an opportunity to get information and support on issues like breast feeding. I felt it was a good opportunity to meet the HV prior to having the baby. I guess it might also give them an opportunity to see the 'real' me, rather than the sleep deprived, hormonal and run ragged person that I will probably be in the immediate few weeks after the birth.

hi i think they come and introduce themselves and tell you info about what they do etc. someone else i was talkin too on another site sed they were havin theirs come visit 2 weeks before she was due. i suppose its different in different areas.

xxxxx

yea i had a health visitor also last week and im not having home birth. apparently its just for me to get to know her and vice versa. she was feeding some info and making sure im getting what i should be aloud to get like milk tokens etc. talking about otehr bunch of stuff.

Hi

I think it all depends on your area, here we dont see one till after the birth
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111