Headaches- OUCH! :-(

Emily0505

Reaction score
As the title says...

I keep getting headaches, infact I have one more than I don't have one! Have one nearly every day.

I woke up with one this morning and it won't bugger off!

I am drinking more water but it doesn't seem to make a difference and tbh I don't think I am dehydrated bbecause my urine isn't at all strong in colour.

OUCH, my poor head!

Will mention to my midwife when I see her next.

Moan over :)

XX

Make sure you get your blood pressure checked at the mw hon xx

I will do. Tbh I think they will keep a close eye on my bp anyway- even though I am anticipated as a low risk pregnancy, both my mum and auntie had pre-eclampsia. I had to be delivered early cuz my mum was so ill- I weighed a whole 3lb 5oz!

XX

I got headaches from around 15 ish weeks to around 17 weeks, non-stop all the time headaches. Paracetemol didn't touch them!

It passed though and now am headache free.

Defo mention to midwife though as could be a sign of high blood pressure, and gp can prescribe strong painkillers too. And make sure to drink plenty of water in case it's dehydration

xxxxx

That's about when mine started too. I know its ok to take paracetamol but I don't like taking tablets all the time cuz of bean, sometimes I just have to though cuz my head hurts so much :-( other days it just a constant ache that won't shift.

XX

am 17 weeks and i've been getting them for about the last 3-4 weeks. Hoping they stop soon, MW checked my blood pressure and it's fine so just got to drink plenty of water she said.

Another joy of pregnancy a! ;)

I get terrible headaches as getting the migraine strips that u stick to ur head really help as it makes u cool down. I swear by them xxx

Ooooh, I'll try them and see if they help.

XX

I love them I normally fall asleep with them on my head. They are about £5 in tesco for 4 and each one lasts 6 hours. I think they are worth every penny xxx

I'm working tomorrow so hubby will be doing the shopping, I'll ask him to get me some.

Thanks for the suggestion hun.

XX

I've also been getting a lot of headaches the last couple of weeks, midwife did say that headaches are common in pregnancy. x

I use that 4head stuff and its brill, does the trick for me x

Well, no headache today which had made a nice change. Completely forgot to ask hubby to get those migrane strip thingys- I am so forgetful at the moments it's ridiculous!

My latest symptom: nosebleeds! Had one proper one today and yesterday, but been having mini ones for the last week ie not actually bleeding but stained when you blow your nose (tmi,sorry xx)

Gotta say though, I think I have been very lucky so far with this pregnancy as far as unpleasant symptoms go, so I really shouldn't complain too much!

XX

I get loads of headaches all the time, and am exactly the same with the bloody nose, not really nosebleeds, but like you say whenever you blow your nose. Delightful!! I'm clearly not going to have a glamorous pregnancy!:p

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I don't think there's any such thing as a glamarous pregnancy, would be lovely if there was though- how great would that be? Mind you, come to think of it I don't think I have ever in my life been described as being glamarous anyways, so I highly doubt it will start now, especially what with the random nosebleeds!
I was leant over a desk this morning sorting my risk assessment and writing a note to my boss when the nosebleed started, luckily I had a tissue to hand, wouldn't have wanted to have to give her a risk assessment with my blood all over it! Eugh!

XX

Good point, same here why would I start being glam now, never have before!! Ah well, its all good, we'll have beautiful babies at the end of it to make up feeling like crap!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Nosebleeds are my worst enemy, had some pretty horrific ones x

I am not worried by the sight of blood at all, it doesn't bother me in the slightest but what I hate about the nosebleeds is when you can feel the blood running down your nose! Eugh! Makes me go all cringy!

XX

I've had them on and off since day 1 and drinking lots of water and taking paracetemol doesn't work for me either. Only thing that does is sleep which isn't much use when at work! I'm learning to live with them now x

Suprise suprise, yet another headache today! :-(

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back