Crippling headaches, really can't cope anymore :(

Susanne

Reaction score
I've been having non-stop headaches for so many weeks now I'm losing count, with only the odd day of feeling fine in between. I've really been trying to not moan too much about it and just get on with life, but over the last 2 weeks the headaches have been getting worse and worse, it's now like I'm having full-blown migraines 6 days out of 7. Getting through shifts at work is becoming ever more nightmarish and makes me feel 100 times worse every time I go. Sorry for the rant and the self-pity, ladies, but I am really beginning to despair now, I don't know how much longer I can cope with this. :cry:

Aww bless you - you know you can take paracemtomol and co codomal dont you? get them down your neck hun and book with your gp on monday. It osnt nice, I had horrific headaches in my last pregnancy xxx

Hope u feel better soon ur gp ahouod sort u out with something for the headaches! Xx

Hiya,

Hope your feeling better :(

I wouldnt take anything unless told to by your midwife. If i were you i would try and get booked in asap in my maternity notes on page 2 there is a list of things that you should contact your midwife about and severe headaches is one of them.

Fingers crossed they ease off soon

xxx

Just don't take paracetamol and cocodamol together as cocodamol contains paracetamol! X

Be warned codeine can cause withdrawal in newborns if taken regulary

I've only been taking paracetamol anyway, and that sparingly as it isn't really helping much anyway. I don't think the headache's anything to do with pre-eclampsia, as my blood pressure is fine and there is no protein in my urine, and I have a tendency towards migraines. I'll try to survive another week and get through my 2 shifts this week somehow, and then we're off on a 2 week holiday in France next Sunday (yippie!), maybe that will help. If my head is still causing me grief when we get back I'll definitely go and see my GP about it. Thanks for your help, ladies!

Hi Susanne, are you drinking plenty of water? I was getting blinding headaches for a few weeks and it was partly due to dehydration. Hope you feel better soon. X

Oh Hun I can completely sympathise with you. I've been getting some really nasty headaches and I work on a computer all day which doesn't help. The only thing. Find that helps is a nap but a bit hard to do when at work. Hope you feel better soon.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back