He keeps changing days

Phoenix0306

Reaction score
Well the father of my nearly 7 week old daughter keeps changing days he comes to upset.

Trying to be reasonable but getting really hard to hold my tongue if he this bad now reading the future.

Any advice

Unless there was a good reason then id stick to my guns and keep the same day x

that the point there isn't. how long do you try and keep it civil before you think sod it and go to a solicitor.

He thinks because he can now come over tomorrow I should change my plans to suit. Has turned his phone off so can't discuss it rationally either.

Whenevr u feel its messing with your routine and plans. Hes nor exactly being cooperarive x

Not really, turned up when said not to.

Have app for a solicitor on Thursday just to find out his rights etc.

He definitely needs to stick to an agreement. And if he can't do that informally, you should definitely work on something more official. Could the CAB help you with working out rights and any other questions you have?

I had this type of problem early on and he refused to agree to any kind of written plan for dates/times. I think he just wanted to be able to pick up the phone whenever and pick him up. In the end I went to see his parents. Told then about the times hes failed to turn up when I was expecting him or not responded to texts until the last minute so I have no idea what is happening on the weekend.

All the contact goes through them now. They are consistent and on time for drop offs and pick up as am I and urs friendly and amicable. Im able to chat to his mum about his changing nap routines and stuff and when I pick him up she lets me know how much hes nappped what hes eaten and how he's been.

It has taken soooo much stress out of my life not having to deal with his inconsistency and I know he's not always there when LO arrives at his grandparents house but that is not my concern. No one can say I'm not making him available for contact. The rest is up to him.

I hope that you can find a solution. There isn't a lot you can do through a solicitor ad it has to be him to start a contact order procedure. I haven't bothered with going down that road myself, I very much doubt he would have the drive and motivation to bother with anything like that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back