Oral thrush??

chedz

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone could offer any advice. Alice is nearly 10 weeks and has had oral thrush since she was 5 weeks old. Ive tried Nystatin which upset her tummy and she's now on myconazol (sp) and has been for 3 weeks. I've changed to cold water sterilising as the HV suggested and I've been trying to give her a drink of cooled boiled water after her feeds to wash out her mouth.... and it still hasn't got any better.

I've taken her back to the GP and he says there is nothing more he can do?!? For the past 3 days she's been struggling to feed (she trys but ends up screaming because her tongue is so sore) and since 8am she's only managed 2oz. It's very dense on either side of her tongue and is obviously causing discomfort.

I don't know what else to try and hoped somebody may be able to offer some advice.

Thanks
H x

Daktarin gel cleared Coopers thrush up ina couple of days. You can buy it at the chemist its around 3 quid if i remember rightly. Becareful with it tho, you just put a tiny bit on your finger and wipe over tongue. Its really sticky so if you put too much in then baby could choke. Poor LO hope shes better soon :hug: :hug:

Thank you but I've tried that, that's the myconazol she was prescribed. I've taken her back today and insisted they do something! She's being referred to the hospital to rule out immune deficiancy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back