BF question- LO being sick after feeds...........

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a qucik question about BF, LO is 3 days old today and seems to be being sick after every feed. I'm just a bit concerned that he isn't getting enough food if he keeps being sick after each meal. He is feeding approx every two hours, which seems pretty normal and is has had two dirty nappies per day so far. Do you think all is ok, and has anyone any advice on the sick or is it just part of BF?

Also, is it normal he farts so much?!?!?!? :lol:

Alex xxx

bottle babies burp.... bobbie babies fart.. its the natural course of things.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lil miss used to puke a staggering amount when she was just on boob milk... shes finally been diagnosed with reflux and got some meds for it, but before that the only reason why the docs wouldn't help is because she was gaining weight fine... mind lil miss was on the boob ALL the time...

The rule is as long as your LO is gaining weight, and having 2/4 poopy nappies (up to 6 wet ones although wet and poopy usually come hand and hand :rotfl: ) your LO should be doing just fine.

As he's only 3 days old though there will be some weight loss... 99% of boobie babies loose some weight after birth... Lil miss went from 4kg to 3.6kg in 3 days. So its quite a drop.

Just keep him on your boob all the time, don't try routines, or expressed bottles.. Just pop him in a sling or lie on the sofa for the next couple of weeks and forget about everything except feeding him. :)

thanks for the replies girls, great to have some reassurance.

midna said:
Squiglet said:
so is the sore cracked nipples you might experience soon ..and where it feels like a million bees stingin ya nips haha

Already started, the joys of having a 9lb 8 baby so I'm told- he is a booby monster :lol:

Alex x

I didn't know you'd had your baby! Congrats!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: How did it all go for you? :D

Sounds like you are doing fine with the feeding. Babies possetting is normal so don't worry. Luke farts more than he burps too :rotfl:

I can't say any more than Squig and Mids but just wanted to say hi and congrats and if you need any help re BF'ing ASK! We're all here to support one another :D

Congrats, glad the feeding is going well so far :D The posseting looks like a lot more than it probably is, i worried loads too at the start but as long as you are getting lots of wet and dirty nappies you know at least some is stayin in!
Do just as squig says, the thought of a few days just lounging about with a lil newbie sounds like heaven, I wish I hadnt been in such a rush to 'get back to normal' after Eva was born! :roll:

DebbieM said:
I didn't know you'd had your baby! Congrats!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: How did it all go for you? :D

Yup he's here, it all went pretty fast and was pretty sore, but managed on G&A in the end despite me begging anyone who would listen for an epi :lol: Will post birth story when i get a chance- Rudy is feeding every hour at the moment so typing a birth story is close to impossible :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back