unsure what rights etc father has

reillybaby1987

Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advice really, I'm 5 months pregnant with my first child, me and the father split up 2 months into the pregnancy due to him being a bit of an arse really and not getting to see him much as he never had any money, he decided to believe my family over me when they started sccusing me of sleeping about (which isn't infact true they were trying to beak us up), they also said that the baby probably wasn't his etc etc.... So I moved to Perth to live with my father to get away from it all, at first I was in contact with the babies father but he started calling me for everything saying I was telling lies the child isn't his and that I should go and mess with someone else's head.....he was and is still being very nasty towards me, has said from the start the child isn't his....but he wants a dna test to proove the baby isn't his?!?!

I am willing to give him the Dna test but I just want to know where I stand after baby is born? and it turns out he is in fact my sons father? to be honest I dont think he should be allowed near the baby after he's born but I know he will probably fight me all the way?

any advice would be greatfully received, thank you :)

hiya what an arse this is horrible to have this stress when your preg. nice and simply though, if you dont put him on cert it benefits you (obviously im just advising) bt if you put him on birth cert he will automatically have parental responsibilty so he can have a choice in babys religion schools etc, i was advised by citizens advice to leave the father of mine off. you can still claim csa if they arent on there buut i believe from the start you can stop access and there only choice would be to go to court etc. but think if he is on birth cert it makes things abit more difficult.

either way sounds like he defo wants a dna.

one thing to bear in mind if you put him on birth cert and move to perth properly, in court i think you have to contribute to his petrol to get to you or meet him half way so you really have to way up your options personally but atleast time is on your side.

one thing to bear in mind is once you put someone on the cert you cant take them off, but if you register the birth without him you can always re-register the birth and add him xxx

As far as I know in Scotland an unmarried father doesn't have parental rights whether he is on the birth cert or not - my bro wasn't married when his daughter was born and a stupid ass of an aunt thought it would be nice to inform him he didn't have rights to her.

If a DNA test shows he is the baby's father he will be able to ask for access, through the courts if you can't agree on this. The court should look at what's best for your child, which unless he's violent would mean contact with the father.

Xxx

wow thats intresting about scotland i never knew that, which everywhere would have the same rules & laws gets complicated xx

ok - a quick google to check - looks like they changed that in Scotland two - but there are still bit of family law that are different to england - so it might be worth checking out. Families need fathers (bizzare place to look i know) - give loads of info on what rights fathers have.

xxx

wow thats always good to know, yeah weird name lol xx

Thanks everyone for the advice.... I've told him he's not getting put on the birth certificate, sorry but he doesn't deserve too be on it! I want what's best for my unborn child and I think I will be doing the right thing...hopefully baby when older doesn't resent me for it though.

im so sorry that there are so many immature men in this world that cant accept responsibility.as the mother its your choice if u dont want him on the certificate and since he is claiming its not his kid let him think that.hopefully when you are ready u will meet a guy whos interested in you and your baby.wishing u the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back