HCG going up after mc?**ECTOPIC UPDATE**

Daisyboo

Reaction score
To cut a long story short,i had a mc on 4th jan i was 5 1/2 weeks.I had a scan on monday as was still getting positive HPT and there was nothing to be seen they also did my bloods.I got my blood test results this morning and my hcg was 676,i thought this was still quite high as its been nearly 3 weeks since mc.The nurse took more bloods and i have just got results hcg 791,i now have to go back on friday for yet more bloods.Has anyone got any idea what might be going on????:confused:Thanks in advance xxxx

Last edited:
pregnancy of unknown location (PUL). or it t could be some retained placenta tissue in you uterus which could still produce hcg.

Hopefully after the next blood test results they will investigate further and have some better answers for you. sorry you are having to go through this after what happend - it must be hard not being able to move on and get closure on things.

The HCG is only going up very slowly, it should be doubling for a normal pregnancy. They will have to keep you under follow up to make sure its not an ectopic pregnancy, which they will work out by doing scans and more bloods.

Like Iwant3 says it could well be a small amount of placental tissue stuck in the womb. If the hcg still goes up slowly, you may need to have a d&c. The limbo bit where your waiting to find out whats going on is the absolute worse, I'm so sorry your having to go through this.

You need to be scanned and if there is nothing in your womb the docs need to consider an ectopic or a pregnancy of unknown location. This sounds way scarier than it is. I had a PUL last year. With hcg at the levels they are - think you will likely get a methotrexate injection to break up and dissolve the pregnancy. Again sounds worse than it is. Take care

I had a very high hcg in my body after my mmc and erpc some ppl take a long time for it to leave the body it took 5-6 weeks for me to get a negative hpt drove me nuts x

I had more bloods this morning and they have just gone up a little so i was asked to go back this afternoon.Had more scans and still cant see anything so they think either octopic or PUL.They have given me the choice of waiting a little while longer,having that injection or a lacroscoprcy(excuse spelling).I have decided to wait and see so have to go back on Thursday for more bloods.
I have been a right mess today,i thought i had done so well keeping myself together after what i understood to be a miscariage.But it feels like i have to go through all the emotions again as my bean has not yet gone:-(
However i am so glad i found this forum it has given me such a lot of information which i have found very useful through all of this and i seem to get the answers from you lovely ladies long before the Dr s have any idea whats going on!So a huge thank you to you all. xxxx

I am sorry you are going through all this hon, it must be so heartbreaking.

Please keep us updated as to what is going on but you have been so brave up to now, I think you are so strong.

Rest and take care of yourself and let us know what is happening xx

awwww, sending love to you. Iv been through the same thing. Like you said its bad enough coming to terms with the loss but when its prolonged then its even harder to deal with!!! be kind to yourself and rest as much as you can. You must be a really strong lady but allow yourself to grieve and when you need to. dont bottle things up xxx

Well my levels started to drop nicely and then on Monday i was getting a few twinges so i phoned EPU and they insisted i go straight to surgical assesment.AS soon as i came off the phone the pain got much worse,i managed to drive my self there and then had to wait for 3 hours to see a doctor,by this time i also had the neck and shoulder pain too it was agony.Next a felt faint and my blood pressure dropped to the floor and i was rushed to surgery.My right tube had ruptuerd and had to be removed.
I have just got home and i know i cant put myself through all this again or my family and feel i should just be gratefull for the 2 wonderful children i have.I have honestly never felt pain like this before and this whole nightmare has been going on to long.
I just thought i would let you know how my story ended.xx

Oh honey, Im really sorry to read you had such pain and a hard time!! Xxx

oh daisyboo, I'm so sorry you had such a nightmare, pain and lost your tube hunXX

I hope it's not the end for you.. take some time for you and your family and see how you feel once you feel better in your body and emotionaly

do let us know how you get on, wishing you a speedy recovery XXX

Last edited:
Oh gosh daisy I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm surprised that they didn't insist on doing the laparoscopy when your levels hadn't started dropping a few weeks ago

I hope that your feeling better soon honey xxx

Gosh I hope you're doing okay and im sorry for what you've gone through. Xx

aww, so sorry to hear this. try to keep strong. Like you said, you have 2 beautiful children which is a blessing. all the beat for the future xxxx

Sorry to hear this hun, main thing is .... You're ok, it could have been a lot worse :-(
Take time to heal and look after yourself, you may feel different with time. Good luck xxx

Oh I so sorry Hun my sister lost we tube in a similar way, so not only do you say goodbye to a baby you have to come to terms with losing a tube too! Hope you heal quickly from opp and start feeling a little better soon x x

I know how u feel went throughout the same few weeks ago the pain is awful and I lost my tube too hope ur ok now tho xxx

Thanks Kat,i am feeling alot better just getting the odd twinge but i guess thats to be expected.How are you doing?I know this is a little personel and i hope you dont mind me asking but have you had sex since it happened?I am scared it might hurt and not sure if i should incase of infection.Are you going to TTC again and if so when you going to start trying?
I was so sure last week that i would never TTC again but as i start to feel better i keep thinking about it,i know my OH would like too but my kids,mum and sisters would be so mad at me after everything that has happened.

To be honest I ain't had it yet I'm scared its been 3 weeks today xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back