Having a sweep today

Lulula

Reaction score
I'm 39+2 and due on Saturday. To cut a long story short ive been having massive anxiety issues since my 36 week scan.

This is baby 3 for me. I had a miscarriage the month before I this pregnsncy was conceived. Then I had several big bleeds up until 18 weeks. I had a large nuchal reading and unfavourable bloods on 12 week scan giving me 1:100 downs risk. Monthly scans all very positive.
2nd tri I was very tired and my usual anaemia had worsened and had an iron transfusion which was great.

Then growth scans showed baby was on 100th centile with 36 week growth scan estimating her at over 8 pounds and her head circumference well over 100% centile with 4 weeks until due date.

Since the 36 week scan I have not coped very well.

I feel quite embarrassed to be writing this!!

I have had panic attacks about the birth because she is likely to be a big girl. I have had really awful nightmares that she has all sorts of bizarre medical problems. Barely sleeping or eating. It ended up with me having a bit of a breakdown a couple of weeks ago. My midwife has been very supportive and my consultant thinks that it is a compound of all the issues I have had in pregnancy so far. I am usually the most laid back person ever and can cope with anything so I feel like I don't know myself any more!

My due date is Saturday 10th so consultant has planned for me to be starting sweeps today in an effort to kick labour off, with induction booked for Monday 12th. They agreed I shouldn't go over and happy to induce on due date but as they prefer to induce mon to thurs as higher chance of ending in c section and more senior staff around on weekdays.

Nervous about today and fingers crossed that it may move things along as would love to start off at home as my boys were both induced.

Appointment is at 2.15 so will update later. Hoping my cervix is doing its thing and is on the favourable side! Xxx

Good luck, sounds like you have had a real tough time, surely this means your labour has got to be nice and straight forward? Hope all goes well today x

Didn't want to read and run, big hugs lets hope sweep brings you on and although your worried bubs will be ok and you will be in good hangs try to relax x

Good luck. You had a lot to cope with. Hopefully the sweep will work. My scan showed I got a big baby too. Over 8 pounds and a big head circumference so that is making me slightly nervous too.
Good luck x

Good luck hun!

I don't get any extra scans but baby was measuring off the scale for my 20 week scan so I'm pretty sure he's gonna be huge! Plus he's the wrong way round, and I know ill go the full 2 weeks over.

We share the sane due date so ill be thinking of you, hope this sweep starts something off for you

Xx

Hope the sweep works for you today, good luck! I have one tomorrow morning.

I'm really anxious about the size of the baby now as everyone asks me if I'm carrying two babies (even strangers) one woman even came up to me in a pub and said I was huge and said 'good luck' (about the birth) with a bit of a giggle. People can be so hurtful, it's bad enough when you're already paranoid!

I'm frightened the longer I go over my due date the bigger she will get and I'll end up having complications at the birth.

Good luck hun, hope things kick off naturally for you but regardless of how it starts, youll have your baby in your arms very soon & see their little face!! Try not to worry or stress x

Hey Lu was just about to text you to wish you luck today. dont be embarassed you have had a lot going on and its all natural to worry..

fingers crossed this all starts things and you get to meet your baby girl this week!! eeekk

lots of love and let us know how you get on xx

Hey Lu was just about to text you to wish you luck today. dont be embarassed you have had a lot going on and its all natural to worry..

fingers crossed this all starts things and you get to meet your baby girl this week!! eeekk

lots of love and let us know how you get on xx

Thanks lovely xxx you've been there for me 100% since we met on tri 1 and have really enjoyed sharing our journey together. Can't wait until our girlies are here and we start a new adventure :) xxx

Hope the sweep works for you today, good luck! I have one tomorrow morning.

I'm really anxious about the size of the baby now as everyone asks me if I'm carrying two babies (even strangers) one woman even came up to me in a pub and said I was huge and said 'good luck' (about the birth) with a bit of a giggle. People can be so hurtful, it's bad enough when you're already paranoid!

I'm frightened the longer I go over my due date the bigger she will get and I'll end up having complications at the birth.

My bump doesn't look too big so think she is tucked in as she is definitely a chubby chops. I've even had friends making silly comments without thinking. I know they don't mean them in a horrible way but sometimes it's the smallest things that play on your mind. Good luck for your sweep too Hun xxx

Good luck hun!

I don't get any extra scans but baby was measuring off the scale for my 20 week scan so I'm pretty sure he's gonna be huge! Plus he's the wrong way round, and I know ill go the full 2 weeks over.

We share the sane due date so ill be thinking of you, hope this sweep starts something off for you

Xx

Thank you xxx my girly was average until 28 week scan and then just grew like crazy! 50 centile at 28 weeks, 85th centile at 32 weeks, then 100th by 36 weeks. I don't even want to think where she is now! I think I'm going to be sat on one bum cheek for the next few months! Xxx

Good luck hun, you will be fine! I am not surprised it has all got on top of you, that's a lot to deal with, you're not superhuman. God, I had a melt down yesterday because I felt too large! xx

your welcome lu feelings mutual, we have both been through some ups and downs havent we but we are still here gorgeous, and soon holding our little pink girls.

xxxx

Good luck. You had a lot to cope with. Hopefully the sweep will work. My scan showed I got a big baby too. Over 8 pounds and a big head circumference so that is making me slightly nervous too.
Good luck x

I wish I didn't know as then I wouldn't have got in such a state over it all. I'm terrible for googling everything so I'm my own worst enemy! My midwife said the growth scans are unreliable but we'll see! When are you due? Xxx

Good luck and fingers crossed it gets things started for you, I can understand your anxiety and I'm sure all will be fine, I'll keep everything crossed xx

Good luck! I've heard they are unreliable aswell people being told baby is big and ends up being 6/7lbs.
Sure you'll be fine whatever happens thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back