Wow

ema-lou24

Reaction score
Can't quite believe I've made it here :)

Help all :wave:

I have my GTT test on Friday and a growth scan on Monday I will b 28weeks. Has any1 had one? Will I get to see as much as I saw at the 20 week scan? What will they look for?

I'm due to get a 28 and 32 week growth scan and a 36 week presentation scan as my son was a big boy at 9pm 7oz and 53cm long. What happens if they think she's too big? Will they induce me or give me a c-section?

Sorry for all the questions loo

Also, when u got to 27weeks ish, did movements slow down a bit? I've noticed she hasn't been moving much today :-( x

Hi welcome to tri 3!

Sorry I can't really help with your questions though! Baby is probably having a quiet day, they are getting much less room to move now and have proper sleep patterns but if you still notice a lack movements contact your mw. I've found I now get a lot more definite moves, like kicks, punches and hundreds of hiccups but less rolling and turning moves now.

Hiya!

Same as Sarah, I cant answer any of your questions but just wanted to say my little one has deffo been a lot quieter over the last couple of days then ill get the odd kick or punch just to let me know shes okay!

Hiya, welcome to Tri 3.

I had a GTT a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. The worst bits for me were having the blood taken (not great with having blood taken for some reason!!) and that awful glucose syrup drink..but I think you're allowed to have Lucozade in the UK aren't you? It was pretty boring too, having to wait around for 2 hours between blood tests so I'd make sure you take something - i.e. book, magazine, puzzles.

Sorry, just realised you were asking about the scan, not the GTT!! LOL. I blame pregnancy brain!! LOL.

Sorry, not had a growth scan so don't know what will happen at that.

I wouldn't worry about baby having reduced movements - sometimes they turn so that the movements are in your back and you can't feel them and sometimes they just have a rest. Plus, as the other ladies have said, they can run out of room at this stage - that expecially might be the case if you're having a big baby hun.

Hi welcome over :wave: my little one slowed in movements at your stage for a while too but he is kicking really hard again now so just give it time :)

I've got my growth scan tomorrow so I'll let you know what it's like :) I'm assuming the same as a 20w scan just with a (hopefully not too big) bigger baby :)

My 28 week growth scan was great, got to see her for much longer I thought than my 20 week scan. They take all usual measurements again a couple of times to ensure it's as accurate as they can be. You will also get an Estimated Fetal Weight measurement too, my little one or not so little one was 3lb 1oz at 28+3. Although they give measurement in grams I think. She also double checked the sex for us too, we didn't ask but because we called her 'she' she had a look anyway and said looks def like a girl to me! She did a really detailed look at baby's face and it was adorable, saw her perfect lips and nose and her little chubby cheeks! They also check amniotic fluid, placenta etc

Ive not got another growth scan until 34 weeks so booked myself in for a 4D one at 31 weeks to break the wait up a bit. So excited can't believe it's this Saturday!!!

Oh forgot to add - baby is so much bigger at 28 weeks than 20 weeks! I saw out LO at 25+6 and the difference just two weeks makes is amazing at that stage!

Last edited:
Welcome to tri 3! I think my lo moves more when I'm not moving! He doesn't seem to have much of a pattern!

My 28 week growth scan was great, got to see her for much longer I thought than my 20 week scan. They take all usual measurements again a couple of times to ensure it's as accurate as they can be. You will also get an Estimated Fetal Weight measurement too, my little one or not so little one was 3lb 1oz at 28+3. Although they give measurement in grams I think. She also double checked the sex for us too, we didn't ask but because we called her 'she' she had a look anyway and said looks def like a girl to me! She did a really detailed look at baby's face and it was adorable, saw her perfect lips and nose and her little chubby cheeks! They also check amniotic fluid, placenta etc

Ive not got another growth scan until 34 weeks so booked myself in for a 4D one at 31 weeks to break the wait up a bit. So excited can't believe it's this Saturday!!!

Oh forgot to add - baby is so much bigger at 28 weeks than 20 weeks! I saw out LO at 25+6 and the difference just two weeks makes is amazing at that stage!

Im even more excited for my one tomorrow now!! Ive also booked a 4d for 30w on the 10th sept :)
Im hoping we can still avoid the 'area' and stay team yellow, id be pretty gutted if we accidentally saw something, but the main thing is they get the measurements.. i remember in my first 20w scan she was checking the thigh bone length and said ''oops, sorry!'' so i assume she saw the gender, luckily we missed it lol!! not sure if it will be so easy this time, but ill make them aware we arent finding out..
Ive been waiting for an EFW!! everyone else seemed to have it at their scans but ive not got it on my notes :( hoping to get one tomorrow!!
And OH has managed to finally get the day off work so he can come too woop!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back