40 week sweep

Violet

Reaction score
Hi girls

I had my 34 week scan yesterday. Everything is fine, baby has moved down off the 90th centile a bit which I'm hoping is good news.

I wasn't expecting to see anyone after the scan as I have an appt with the consultant on Monday, but they told us to wait to see the mw after the scan. Instead the registrar called me. She went through the scan report with us and then surprised me by saying that at 40 weeks they would do a sweep!

Is that normal? Or is it different in different trusts? I was expecting to wait until 41 or even 42 weeks before a sweep. Do u think I can ask them to wait until I'm 40+5 as that's my due date going by dates? Altho judging by what girls have said on here and how I'm feeling now I won't wanna wait lol.

I think it depends on which trust you come under. Here they do a sweep on your due date, but seeing as my midwife runs her clinic only on a tuesday - i'm having a sweep at 39+3. All i can say is i'm so ready for the baby to arrive and if the sweep helps get things moving sooner rather than later then i'm all for it - but my pregnancy has been difficult, even this morning i was throwing up with morning sickness.

Last edited:
I had one the day before my due date, with DD, then again a few days later. I think it does depend on your trust, but you seem to be one of the lucky ones, going by what some ladies have said. By then you'll want it, trust me :) x x

Wow I assumed something like that would be done at the hospital! My mw clinic is run on a Wednesday so I would be 40 weeks exactly if she does it. I'm wondering if mine might be done at the hospital as I'm consultant led and it was the hospital who have told me?

Yeah tbh I can see why girls r eager to have their babies. I've still got 6 weeks and my spd is getting worse all the time, struggle to catch my breath cos I feel so full, esp after eating, I can only just put my socks n shoes on myself with a lot of panting n grunting n odd noises lol, etc etc. god knows what it's going to be like by the time he's fully cooked.

I have no idea bout sweeps etc. but as the other ladies said, I think it depends very much on your trust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back