• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Having a panic :(

Beeble

Reaction score
Went to the loo and for the first time in this pregnancy when I wiped my discharge was not the usual clear but instead was a very light brownish colour. I wiped a few times and it kept coming. I am really worried now as I never fully believed everything was ok even after that scan which dated me 5 weeks 5 days with a hb - I was waiting till this sat when I have a re-scan at 7 weeks to see if things had infact grown. Now I am panicking that something bad is happening! I don't have any cramps but I am so scared and don't know what this means...any advice. Super stressed out right now :cry:

Sorry that this is such a fraught time for you hun but you just have to sit tight!

I'm afraid only your next scan will be able to tell you for sure.

I would say see if they will have you in earlier but I am pretty sure they want you to be 7 weeks so they can make sure you've grown to exaclty 7 weeks if that makes sense?

Make sure you rest and don't overdo it in the next few days!

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks :) I just dont know if this is normal. It is one of my biggest fears and I suppose its worse because I am not convinced everything is ok anyway. OH was fine with the fact that the science was wrong and happily believed the sonographer could see hb. I am not convinced and need this scan to show 7 weeks but this brown discharge has me panicked and waiting till sat is going to be a nightmare. x

I'm realy sorry ur going through such a rough time these past weeks beeble I can't say what is happening and only the scan will tell u what is going on just wanted to say hope all is ok and saturdays scan shows a lovely 7 week baba gd luck xxx

I've had browny pinky coloured discharge all day today and it's finally stopped. Have you dtd recently? Or over strained? Xx

I've had browny pinky coloured discharge all day today and it's finally stopped. Have you dtd recently? Or over strained? Xx

Nope, not dtd in a while :( only strain has been on the loo with constipation (sorry tmi). There has not been any more, been to the toilet a couple of times now and everything has been fine on wiping...only seems.to have been the discharge. Dont know what to think, ive got no pain. Hopefully nothing more will come of it...fingers crossed x

Poor Beeble, your really not getting any luck. Hopefully it was nothing and LO will be fine, I often used to get the odd bit of brown discharge with my DD. I hope nothing else comes of it for you x

I wud try & stay positive, I know it's hard but brown discharge & no cramping is good. Lots of women get brown discharge it's just old blood coming out, sometimes happens about the time ure period was due.

I understand how ure feeling tho & until u see ure little bubba again on ure nxt scan ull be worrying. Wish u all the luck & hope all is ok.

Xx

Do you stillbfeel pregnant ie sickness, tiredness etc that's normally a good indicator for me xx

I havent had much symptoms at all since I found out I was pregnant, ive just had sore boobs but they are on and off. Nothing else :(

Try ringing the epu to see if they can get you in for a scan earlier... I went through something similar last year but i didnt find a hb when i went for my early scans so thats def a positive and they say once youve seen a hb the pregnancy has a higher chance of cont...
Hope everything goes ok, fx crossed for you! :hugs:
xxxxx

Thanks guys, since my panicked post yesterday I have not had anything else which is wierd. It has not progressed to a bleed and I had no more brownish discharge all night or at all today so I am hoping it was a one off. Will just have to see what the results are on sat when I get my 7 week scan. Really hoping for the best, my brain might give me some peace and I will finally feel like I am out of groundhog day since both scans I have been to said 5 weeks which is frustrating. x

Ah ok so I am back again! Had the same problem this afternoon with the brown discharge. Going to post some TMI so if you dont want to read stop here....

Ok so yesterday I was constipated and had to strain on the loo which is when I had the brown discharge on wiping but nothing further all night and most of today.

Had to strain again today (whilst doing a little bit of lifting nothing too hardcore) and felt a wierd twinge in my abdomen so I stopped immediately. The pain did not persist so I didnt worry.

A few hours later I felt a little damp in underwear so went to check and turns out I had more of this discharge (not too much) and it was again light brownish in colour in pants and on wiping.

I dont think I am having an actual bleed but I am not sure if straining could be causing the brown discharge? Surely if I injured myself it would be red?

Does anyone have experience of this?

Sorry for the tmi x

Ive not experienced this myself but from what i can gather, if its brown blood then its old blood and not too much of a worry. Honestly id ring your epu in the morning and tell them whats happening. With regards to the lifting, your body is going through so many changes and something like that could of just caused a twinge.
x

I agree brown discharge is old blood & shud be nothing to worry about, constipation is a pregnancy symptom so u are having symptoms along with ure sore boobs. Everyone is different & some hardly get any & others have loads.

Xx

Hey make sure you rest! Just put your feet up and don't put them down until you have to.

Hey, just updating you guys. Confused and worried right now, started to have more frequent cramps this evening and then tonight when I.went to the toilet I had a small blood patch which was a dark brown slightly red colour. On wiping there was more than in the last couple of days, still brown but a slight hint of red :( really concerned that it is progressing. Last few days there was no blood in underwear but now there is. Not having to wear a pad as its not really heavy, just worse than yesterday. Called nhs 24, nobody will see me as they know its not an ectopic pregnancy so ive just to relax apparently :s dont want it to get worse. Horrible times x

I know in their job that's all they can do but really it's a very stressful time. I remember when I went in to the ER with spotting the nurse said "oh your blood pressure and heart rate are up a little." I was "Are you kidding me? I'm freaking out what do you expect." she said "yeah that would do it Ok so that's fine." WTF!!!!! It got better after that though.

They see this stuff every day and they detach themselves. So it comes across as unfeeling when really to do their job properly they need to forget so they don't get caught up in all the emotion.

If it's only a little and it's brown and therefore old blood I wouldn't worry. I did a few searches and lots of sites say this is normal and can happen when your uterus is stretching. Call your doctor for reassurance though if it's making you feel stressed x

Im a little shocked with them to be honest when i had a mmc carriage last year they told me to go straight to A&E and although i had to wait a little while i was kept in over night and went for a early scan the next day. Aww hun i dont know what to say apart from i'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that they see you soon. Its so unfair that you have to wait in a situation like this, i remember i felt like no one understood when they said these things happen... i wanted to hit them!! Just seems unless your going through it, have been through it or a pregnant and worried about it no one gets it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back