having a bath?

aliciabubba

Reaction score
hi girls

can anyone tell me if your aloud to have a bath during first trimester? Iam dying for one lol!!!!! As i heard if the water is too hot and can effect your baby??

Yes hun you can have a bath, i have heard scalding water can affect baby but i think it may be an old wives tale im not sure xx

Yep you can have a bath. Just not a really hot one, if your body,s exposed to too much heat over a longish period say like sitting in a suna, it can affect the baby.

it's totally safe lol

Hot water can make baby very uncomfortable later on, but it's still fine. I lived in the bath throughout my first pregnancy as, esp in 3rd tri, was the only place I was comfortable. Don't think I'll have time for that luxury this time while looking after my 10 month old!

Soak away lady and enjoy xxx

Babies can't regulate their own body temp so as long as you don't have it too hot then it's fine! :) xx

hiya

its a bit of an old wives tale they used to say a bottle of gin and a hot bath will cause you to mc!!!

i live in the bath and like it hot too!! im on my 3rd baby now and the bath aint hurt none of mine! so go for it :) x

I used to love really hot baths until my BP dropped once and I fainted getting out of the bath (before I was pregnant) so it's scared me a bit into having a cooler one lol xxxxxxxxx

This is why I love having a shower when I'm pregnant as your bath goes so cold so quick you have to keep topping it up and then be careful not too hot :(

thanks ladies, i might have a warm one tonight, so over showers lol!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back