Have to join in with names!

Princess81

Reaction score
Right, as everyone else is doing it :lol: my list (don't care what o/h thinks or says) :lol:
Opinions pls on;
Boy; Cameron
Alexander
Joshua

Girl:
Amelie
Madeleine
Charlotte
Isla
Jennifer
Rachael
Mia
Tess

Don't be shy with bluntness please :friends: girls middle name is Caroline. I quite like Amelie Caroline.

I'm all for Jennifer like! :lol:

I love all 3 boys names, and my favorite girl one is Isla xx

I like all of your girls names but not all of them go with Caroline :( madeline Caroline for example is a little bit if a mouthful x I like Alexander (not surprisingly) and Cameron but not Joshua x

I adore the name Cameron and I like it for a girl too. I love teas too, really cute! :love:

Cameron is top for me with a boy, but for some reason I don't think I'd use it for a girl :eh: Helen I had the same concerns about madeleine but I really like that name. I remember o/h saying about Joshua which is why it's on the list but the only two I really like are Cameron and Alexander - tess was my nans name but a lot of people say it sounds like a dog :rofl:

I like all of the boys names - Cameron is my favourite out of all of them. From the girls list I love the names Amelie and Mia x

I have to say I love all your girls names, especially Tess! Never thought of it before but love it. Not really keen on the boys names, but I like Xander, which is kinda like Alexander lol.

I like Isla and Mia from your girls list. not mad about the boys, but would probably pick Joshua out of the three! x

Isla is a very nice name hun and I think it suits the middle name too and boy names Alex is nice :) xx

I love Amalie its on my list too but I dont think it goes with our surname Anderson :( and no idea what id have as a middle name with it. Love Alexander for a boy and if ppl sorten it to Alex or Xander they r also nice so cant go wrong lol x

Boy:
Cameron - like, but think of David Cameron :eh:
Alexander - really like :)
Joshua - like... but hate Josh and it's an inevitable nickname.

Girl:
Amelie - don't like (sorry)
Madeleine - like
Charlotte - like
Isla - like how it sounds but hate hate hate how it's spelt.
Jennifer - like
Rachael - like, good with Caroline.
Mia - don't like
Tess - like

Maybe it's too literal for you, but i quite like Carolyn (car - oh - lin) as a firstname if you want to include your sister :hug:

Last edited:
I had actually been thinking of using Caroline as a first name, but I dunno if it would be a bit raw for everyone hearing the name all of the time :-(

I had actually been thinking of using Caroline as a first name, but I dunno if it would be a bit raw for everyone hearing the name all of the time :-(

That's why i was thinking Car - oh - lyn, instead of Car - oh - line. Obviously similar, but not exactly the same.

I don't really know whay your family is like, or how they deal with things, but i think that my family would find it more comforting that they would be constantly remembered but i can totally understand if people do find a bit inappropriate.

Just do what i right for your and your parents and other siblings? You can never please everyone :hug:

Love Cameron - but like some of the others, prefer for a girl (Dr Cameron in House, even though it's not her first name)
Alex - me likey, hubby likes it but he is Alan and I thought there would be too many Al's in the house
Joshua - don't mind

I like Charlotte, Madeleine & Jennifer as these are all names that can be shortened x

I really like Isla Caroline - I think that's a very pretty name. From the boys names I'd personally go for Alexander. x

I was speaking to mum before about using Caroline as a first name. She thinks it would be a nice idea, but firstly I dunno how o/h would react and also I'm still not sure on how I feel about it :-( long way off anyway, I'm stupid thinking about names at this early stage x

I love Amelie Caroline! :love:

I actually really like all your names!! And I'm fussy :lol: Joshua, Amelie and Mia are my favourites though :cloud9:

Shaun wanted to call Blake, Daniel after his brother but I was uncomfortable with it. I felt that Daniel, even though he was only here for mere minutes, could never be replaced. So we went for Daniel as a middle name.

I found it hard to name a newborn after a baby who passed but I think if Daniel had passed in adulthood I'd be more inclined to go with it as a first name - to honour him? Because he died at birth he will always be a baby in everyone's hearts forever.

I hope that makes sense?! I think because the name Caroline isn't as popular for this generation it could be a lovely choice for your LO as it won't be a common name when she grows up. Also, she will always know that she was named after Auntie Caroline Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back