Have I made a mistake?

banksy1309

Reaction score
I went pram shopping with my mum and MIL a few weeks ago. Found a pram I'm really happy with from mamas and papas. Ended up buying the car seat at the same time although I hadn't done much research on them. ended up spending more on the car seat and isofix base than the pram. At the time I commented that the car seat felt heavy, the assistant said it was similar to others and mum/MIL said it didn't seem a problem. Now I've been and read reviews on various websites and they all say how heavy the car seat is and I've not found many positive reviews tbh. It was from an outlet store so it has a 12 month guarantee but I can't take it back for a refund. Have I made a big mistake by not researching enough?! Feel very stupid.

A friend at work said I can have her old maxi-cosi car seat. Does anyone know if I could use this with the isofix base I bought from Mamas and papas?

I'm gonna feel very stupid if it does turn out to be not great and my mum and dad have spent a lot of money on it :(

I went pram shopping with my mum and MIL a few weeks ago. Found a pram I'm really happy with from mamas and papas. Ended up buying the car seat at the same time although I hadn't done much research on them. ended up spending more on the car seat and isofix base than the pram. At the time I commented that the car seat felt heavy, the assistant said it was similar to others and mum/MIL said it didn't seem a problem. Now I've been and read reviews on various websites and they all say how heavy the car seat is and I've not found many positive reviews tbh. It was from an outlet store so it has a 12 month guarantee but I can't take it back for a refund. Have I made a big mistake by not researching enough?! Feel very stupid.

A friend at work said I can have her old maxi-cosi car seat. Does anyone know if I could use this with the isofix base I bought from Mamas and papas?

I'm gonna feel very stupid if it does turn out to be not great and my mum and dad have spent a lot of money on it :(

Hiya Banksy,

Can you give me the exact name and model of your car seat then il have a better idea what you mean petal. Your post has confused me a bit.

Sorry I was rambling! the car seat is a mamas and papas viaggio. I love the pram (zoom) but now worrying about the car seat! x

I've had a quick look online and I think the isofix base I bought from Mamas and papas is only compatible with their own car seats.

Last edited:
It does look a bit bigger then the average car seat il admit but i bet its becuase its isofix compatible - least you have that saftey aspect! You only use the car seat a short time hun then youl be on too a stage two when baby is ready to face forward! xx

Im sure it will be fine - i ve had graco ones that have been equally as heavy.

Thanks :) just stressing being a first time mum! feel better now. Must stop panicking!!

I had one of those seats hon. It is a bit heavier than others but a really sturdy good seat. Also, u only use for 6 months ish so not a prob. I was happy with mine - love Mamas and Papas prams so a slightly heavier seat was well worth it for me :) x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back