Bought my pushchair today

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Went out with my mum to buy a pushchair todqay, she has very kindly offered to buy it for us.

Couldn't decide between the Jane Slalom Pro & Matrix Cup car seat and the Quinny Speedi with the Maxi Cosi car seat.

Had a bit of a dilemma because the Quinny was a very tight squeeze in my car and could only just shut the boot after shuffling the pram about in the back but the Jane fitted nicely. However, the Matrix Cup car seat wouldn't fit in my car as the seatbelt wasn't long enough and the Maxi Cosi car seat with easy base fitted lovely and was very easy to just clip in and out in comparison.

So in the end we have gone for both the Jane Slalom Pro pushcahir with Matrix Cup & the Maxi Cosi car seat!! I can use the Maxi Cosi car seat in my car and use the Slalom Pro pushchair with the Matrix Cup on top as a carry cot when baby is still fairly young and also use it then as a car seat in hubby's car.

http://www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/acatalog/New_Jane_Slalom_Pro_Matrix_Cup_Package_Ebory.html

Good choice Charlie
everything in one and its gorgeous
Hvae fun trying it out :D

Good choice :) Sounds like you found a good solution. Apparently some cars seatbelts are not long enough for the Matrix seat, we tried it in ours and it fits luckily.

It's the one we are getting. Nothing else came close to it for us. Just using the Matrix car seat/pram for transporting LO in the car as it can lie flat and go upright is a bonus. Plus I like the larger tyres and the frame.

It's so easy to use and work. And that the seat covering comes off and you can fit the Matrix to the frame for as long as you need is great.

Hehe as you can tell, I'm a fan of the Jane range.

Good choice! :D I've got the slalom and matrix for the new baby and love it. Can't wait to try it out for real :dance:

Im a Jane fan as well!

I got this one :
http://www.newcastleprams.co.uk/babypro ... -COAL.html

Its not the colour I wanted but it was £100 less so couldn't argue really! Had to go for the Carrera as it needs to fit in about 4 different cars and this is the smallest when folded. Love it and really can't wait to use it!

did you not find the car seat to be reaaaaaly heavy??! i went to have a look at one yesturday before i bought it and it was really too heavy even without a baby in!! :lol:

It is pretty heavy but no heavier than the carry cot. Im only planning on moving it from the car onto the chassis rather than carrying it around. Also hoping that DH will always offer to carry it for me!

xJuliex said:
did you not find the car seat to be reaaaaaly heavy??! i went to have a look at one yesturday before i bought it and it was really too heavy even without a baby in!! :lol:

If you mean the Matrix one, then yes it is fairly heavy. However, it has advantages in that it can also lie flat, so you can use it when out and about as a pram in the early months, it also lies flat in the car to travel LO in, handy if taking longer journies and LO is sleeping. And no need to take out LO from baby carrier car seat etc and place into a pram as its an all in one. You simply move the back of the seat into position and can sit LO up in it and clip it into the frame and have it as a pram or baby carrier type seat.

I have found when looking after small babies I've only ever used a baby carrier car seat for that purpose. So the fact that they are a fair bit lighter than the Matrix seat makes no difference to me. I like that its so versatile even though heavier. I don't plan on carrying my LO round in a baby carrier and would prefer to have them in the Matrix and either lie them flat in the first few months and then move into a more upright position as LO grows.

If I need to do shopping or some such I can put baby in one of the store carriers or pop into a sling. Lots of possibles :)

I also like that the Matrix is intended to babies up to a larger size/age than a baby carrier. The only down side is they go rear facing when in it in the car back seat in the carrier as they get older, but that's no biggie for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back