Have i gone absolutely insane?!

clare+bump

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This can't just be me surely............ (please say its not!!)

I've just found out im pregnant, 7 weeks, its my first time, and i have total paranoia.. I'm absolutely terrified about stretching the wrong way, the way i sit, getting up and sitting down, sneezing, the list goes on!! I feel like i've got to wrap myself in cotton wool just to make sure everythings ok and i dont do any damage!!

I know i'll be ok once i go for a scan but its just these couple of weeks before hand. I know the body's a tough old thing, but i just cant help it! Anyone else feel the same this early on or am i crazy?!

(A very embarassed) Clare x

Hiya Clare and Huge Congratulations

I was exactly the same honestly. I was a walking wreck from the moment I found out I was pregnant and although it has improved im still paranoid !!! I read up on anything and everything and changed my lifestyle straight away. (ie. stopped drinking caffine !!/careful what I ate/no lifting etc etc)

Like you say once you have had a scan you will probably feel heaps better and you will be in the 2nd trimester when you tend to feel really well and with loads more energy.

Good Luck
Ragna xxx

Don't worry Clare, loads of people feel exactly the same. The worrying now is a preparation for a lifetime of it!

I would run to the loo very frequently just to check that my periods hadnt started. And this was after 3 pregnancy tests, and one 7 week scan ( I had severe hyperemesis & they wanted to rule out multiples). We wouldnt even have sex coz we were both quite paranoid!!!!!It was only after the 20 week scan that I began to feel a bit more secure!!

Thank god for that!

I thought i was being way over the top :oops:

I've done 2 tests so far, and i do keep going to the loo as well, just to check! Have had no real sickness or anything yet but i've figured as long as i'm not bleeding things are ok... I havent even been to the doctors yet, i go tomorrow so fingers crossed he'll make me feel a bit more at ease too.

Phew! I'm not as mad as i thought i was :D

Congratulations on your pregnancy Clare!

I was exactly the same - I kept taking pregnancy tests every few days as I was convinced something would go wrong - it seemed too good to be true! I calmed down a lot after the first scan though.

Where abouts from Lincs are you from? I used to live up that way

LBxx

congratulations clare hope you have a happy healthy 9 months xxxx

LB - originally from Grantham, but living in Gainsborough at the moment.

Clare xx
7+5

Hi Claire + Bump,

I am very much the same, always checking when visiting the toliets.

I wish I had some symptoms I have had nothing only some back ache at the beginning. I do have quite a bump forming though which I am really parinoid about as I think I look to big for my weeks. I am hoping it is water :lol:

sarah

Congrats!!! Wishing you a healthy and wonderful 9 months!! I was the same way, always paranoid thinking I couldn't leave the couch until my first trimester was over! I was a little bit better once I had a scan and my peanuts heartbeat at 7wks but I still have my moments and we always will during pregnancy that's just the "motherly thing" but as the weeks go on I do get a little better with it. :wink: No worries don't ever think your crazy for wanting to protect the little life inside you!!!!

Take Care~

xoxo Ree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back