paranoid that baby would have stopped growing

Lilelephant

Reaction score
I am so worried that I will go for scan and baby would have stopped growing and have no heartbeat. My symptoms have eased off a bit not gone just not as bad. Boobs are heavy and feel sore on and off but not tender now, also sickness has eased off a little. I am still tired! I just can't stop thinking about it :-(
We're saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks. But could stop after that couldn't it?!
I have had no bad cramps since being treated for uti just stretching type pains and wind tmi. The not knowing is driving me insane :-(

I feel every single thing you just said as well!

How would we know if the heart suddenly stopped? We wouldnt! Last time I didnt start bleeding til 10 weeks but the heart had apparently stopped at 8 weeks (based on the size). That's two weeks I didnt know and was carrying it around oblivious! It screws me up just to think about that :-(

But I'm not sure I could book myself in for a weekly scan, they said come back if really worried but I think that would be taking the piss. But its only been 5 days since my last scan and already I am really worried.

What are all these strange cramps I have? Are they stretching pains or something more ominous?

I guess we have to just keep believing everything is ok.

My mum put a string round my writst that has been blessed by the Dali Lama and I fiddle with it to give myself comfort and calm when it gets too hard. Maybe get something like that to help you too? xx

I think every single one of us has been through this Hun you are not alone xx

I just know I am not strong enough to deal with it if it did happen. I have even contemplated going down the epu clinc tomorrow just so they will scan but that is so clogging up the service for ppl who may be bleeding etc! I don't know what to do!

thats exactly what im worried about hun, that il go for a early scan in few weeks n they will say its stopped developing, like last time. but then iv realised that i have no control over whats going to happen and the more relaxed i stay the more chance iv got. easier said than done tho, im checking every time i go to the loo worried to be around smokers or doing too much. it doesnt help with all the celebrities having mc in the press recently. so i know how u feel hun xxxx gotta stay positive tho x

Like Constantstar says most pregnant women have these worries. I've been very fortunate to have A LOT of scans throughout my pregnancy and before each one I have worried that something will be wrong with the baby. Even after I started to feel him move and I could feel he's ok, I still worried.
My only advise to you is to relax. I know it's easier said than done but the extra worry isn't good for you and there would be signs if something was wrong.
I read that the chance of mc after seeing the heartbeat is significantly reduced, so try to relax and eventually you'll start to enjoy your pregnancy hun. xx

Thanks roo I know I am being irrational but can't help it! I might give epu a call tomorrow just to see what they say they did tell me to ring any time I was worried.

i also read somewhere that symptoms ease off a bit past 8 weeks for some ppl and lots of ppl dont get symptoms at all. im sure epu will put ur mind at rest xx

If it helps to set your mind at rest I'd definitely give them a call. The first tri is awful as all you do is worry until your 12 week scan, then you can start to relax a bit.
My symptoms kept coming and going in those first 12 weeks and apparently that is normal so try not to rely on checking symptoms too much.
Put your feet up, relax and get hubby to spoil you tonight! x

Your hormones are all over the place at the moment and you're naturally anxious about this pregnancy. Just try to take some deep breaths and calm yourself down as all this stress isn't helping you or your baby. Ring the EPU tomorrow and see what they say. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about hun. x

hi hun sorry to hear ur worrying but i did too and still do every now and then i think its normal and uv been through so much
keep your chin up and do whatever u fel you have to if it makes you feel better im sure the EPU will understand big big hugs hun x x

I lost my symptoms at 9 weeks....all of a sudden I did nolt feel sick all the time (just occassionally), breasts tender but not agony like before. I think all is right on track with you! Wow, cant believe you are nearly 9 weeks already!

Aw mrsmc I know how u feel :-(
But symptoms do ease off... my tiredness and sore boobs really decreased around the 8 week mark. Its completely normal. Tri 1 is just so stressful :-(

Thanks jomc I am so paranoid been in tears at mums most of the evening

Hi, I really know how u feel, I had the same conversation with my OH today about my worries and how I can't wait for my 12 week just to know everything is okay, reading your post really has made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one with these worries so thank u im only 6 weeks x

:hug: it is crazy to be so worried cos plenty of ppl have successful pregnancies but hey! Guess it is what makes us human

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back