Has anyone had a consultant led pregnancy before???

KellyHook

Reaction score
Has anyone who has been pregnant had to have consultant-led care before? :roll:

i have to be under the consultant as i have had a premature birth with my last pregnancy and apparently im high risk to have another?

i have no idea when i would see one or what they would do.. any help would be great!

xx

also anyone had a prem baby and gone on to have a full-term pregnancy with next baby?

Hey Kelly

I haven't been pregnant but my friend has 3 children

Her first child was 4 weeks early, second child was 2 weeks late & third child she had on Tuesday was right on time

xxx

I am intrigued by your question too Kelly as I am going to be consultant led, after nearly dying during childbirth last time. I am sooooooo nervous about the birth again, but my midwife says this is why I'm being referred. Apparently they discuss what happened during your pregnancy & labour last time & give you advice for your options this time around & any ways to avoid a repeat performance (if possible).
But like you, I would love to hear from someone who has had this experience already.

Sunnyb xxx

Hey hun, I was under a consultant on my pregnancy. It sounds scary but to be honest it's nothing to worry about. You might have a few more appointments than you normally would have and you might even get to have extra scans...always nice to see bubba again! You will be well cared for and any concerns are dealt with immediately.

You'll be in the best of hands though... I had a very easy pregnancy but went into labour at 34 weeks. Just a coincidence but the care I received was amazing and thankfully I went on to have a gorgeous healthy baby boy xx

My pregnancy has been consultant led due to previous section. I had 3 appts wiv consultant,2 were instead of mw appts. And had extra scans to check growth etc, it's not a lot different to mw led,it's just so they're aware of any high risk admissions xx

Im looking forward to having extra appointments and scans etc.. i went into labour at 33weeks but had bleeding at 13-15weeks.. not sure if related to early labour but either way i had wonderful experience (giving the circumstances) and everyone was soo helpful.. how was your labour/giving birth for 34weeks? painful/easy??

sunnyb, how dreadful, at least the midwifes/consultants will hopefully be able to be better prepared this time!

xxx

I had consultant led care because of my low bmi and risk of diabetes. I just had extra scans and consultant appointments at 28 weeks and 34 weeks x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a consultant led pregnancy because I had 4 units of blood transfused nearly 2 years ago. I had dysfuctional uterine bleeding and they never found out why. I think its also because I've had previous mental health problems too. I saw the consultant the same day as my 12 week scan. She was really nice, I've to see her on the 25th of this month just to see how I am. She was really happy with how things are going.

I actually thought I'd have to see her more, glad I don't although she was lovely.

I'm sure it'll be fine for you too and its always good to have a bit more support :)

x

I was born 6 weeks early and then my bro was 2 weeks late, no explanations for why I was early

Yup! Ive been consultant led from booking in at 5 weeks....

Had prem delivery with my Dd 17 years ago and pre-eclampsia so I am apparently at risk of another premmy and I also developed gestational diabetes very early on this time so seen baby consultant and diabetic consultant every week and to be honest Ive loved it.

Ive had more scans, got another two to go, had more appts so have felt very reassured all the way through and know that by seeing them every week they wont miss anything untoward should anything show up.

So its really nothing to worry about...more peace of mind xxx

how was your labour/giving birth for 34weeks? painful/easy??

Thankfully I had a very easy labour. It was over so quickly I hadn't even realised I had given birth!!! Just hope the next one when we try is as easy...lol xx

yes mine was soooo easy, contractions hurt but nothing to serious, i thought oh god how am i going to handle it by the time im ready to give birth!! then she told me i was 10cm dilated already so only had to push and that only took about 3 pushes, no pain relief either as didnt need any!! hope the next one will be the same!!

I was consultant led with my twins, lots of era scans and appointments xx

i have 2 see the consultant because of low bmi but they dont do much different to midwives

I'm supposed to be consultant-led because of my depression, and anxiety disorder, as well as a few small things. But as this is not what I wanted, and my mental health is very stabilized, I have been allowed midwife-led, which means I CAN deliver at the midwife unit, but I did have to see the consultant once (this was a compromise) and I've agreed to see her at 36 weeks once more - and I told her I'm not dumb enough not to tell my cmht/shrink if I've a prob, or my doc etc if there's any other prob - I'm very aware of my health needs and about alerting someone if something doesn't feel right. The consultant says I have myhead screwed on right and she's happy to do things my way because it makes me happy (I was previously in tears for weeks because of the midwife's original decision - bad experience in a main hospital, see)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back