premature births?

Really interesting reading all of these stories. I had my daughter at 35+5 and she was 5lbs 9oz so prem but not too early. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant with my second and wondering if that will affect the way they manage this pregnancy. I've never been given a reason why I was early last time and that's something I want to ask my MW about. Will also be interesting to see if I have any consultant appointments as I was completely MW led last time (perfectly straightforward pregnancy until I went into labour early). x

Really interesting reading all of these stories. I had my daughter at 35+5 and she was 5lbs 9oz so prem but not too early. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant with my second and wondering if that will affect the way they manage this pregnancy. I've never been given a reason why I was early last time and that's something I want to ask my MW about. Will also be interesting to see if I have any consultant appointments as I was completely MW led last time (perfectly straightforward pregnancy until I went into labour early). x

Hi Jodie,

My son was born at 26 + 2 and they could find no reason as to why he made an early appearance - I am now 22wks with #2 and am being 'consultant led'
To be honest i thought it would be much more in depth than it actually is but maybe thats because they have nothing to go on from last time - I have had the same scans as before and no extra ones which is a big shame!
I have seen the consultant after each scan so far and all they have done is take blood and listen to the baby's heartbeat.
I also see the midwife as much as a normal pregnancy where she also does all of the above!

Maybe its different in each case, I guess its hard to look out for something which will cause an early labour if they have nothing to go on from last time!

Fingers crossed both our babies stay put for the duration this time! I would like to enjoy the whole pregnancy experience - altho when Im waddling around towards the end Im sure I will be saying different!

Hi Jodie,

My son was born at 26 + 2 and they could find no reason as to why he made an early appearance - I am now 22wks with #2 and am being 'consultant led'
To be honest i thought it would be much more in depth than it actually is but maybe thats because they have nothing to go on from last time - I have had the same scans as before and no extra ones which is a big shame!
I have seen the consultant after each scan so far and all they have done is take blood and listen to the baby's heartbeat.
I also see the midwife as much as a normal pregnancy where she also does all of the above!

Maybe its different in each case, I guess its hard to look out for something which will cause an early labour if they have nothing to go on from last time!

Fingers crossed both our babies stay put for the duration this time! I would like to enjoy the whole pregnancy experience - altho when Im waddling around towards the end Im sure I will be saying different!

That's interesting thanks for replying. Will see what they decide to do with me x

Hi Jodie,

hey girls, i started this thread when i was about 10wk pregnant, i now have a nearly 9month old baby boy!

i was worried like you that my baby would be early again (daughter was born at 33wks), i was consultant led to and thought id update that my baby arrived on his due date, :yay:

not that it will stop you worrying about your baba's but just thought id tell you even if it eases your mind just a little bit!

xx

Aww thanks Kelly that's good to know x

My eldest was born at 35+2 was induced due to poor growth 4 ib 10.5 my next one was natural at 39+2 I was consultant led and he was 6ib 13.5 had rhea at 38+1 induced cos of SPD was consultant led again . Hope they keep an eye on u Jodie and can put your mind at rest xxx

My eldest was born at 35+2 was induced due to poor growth 4 ib 10.5 my next one was natural at 39+2 I was consultant led and he was 6ib 13.5 had rhea at 38+1 induced cos of SPD was consultant led again . Hope they keep an eye on u Jodie and can put your mind at rest xxx

Thanks v much x

Hey kelly thats lovely to hear! There is some hope then!
Just been told I have a low placenta so something else to worry about! Gotta be re-scanned at 32 weeks - just hoping I get that far :)

Hi Jodie,

hey girls, i started this thread when i was about 10wk pregnant, i now have a nearly 9month old baby boy!

i was worried like you that my baby would be early again (daughter was born at 33wks), i was consultant led to and thought id update that my baby arrived on his due date, :yay:

not that it will stop you worrying about your baba's but just thought id tell you even if it eases your mind just a little bit!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back