premature births?

KellyHook

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

With My 1st pregnancy i went into labour on the 13th Feb, at 33wks and 3 days.. my daughter was born on valentines day and was fine apart from jaundice, and had to be tube fed! she weighed 4lb 10oz...

i am pregnant again and have been told that i will be consultant-led as im at high risk of having another premature birth!

has anyone else had 2 prem babys, or did they have a full-term baby after?

also what should i expect from the consultant and when would i see them roughly?

any advice would be helpful

xx

i had a premature delivery but it was planned as the baby wasnt growing properly and I was getting doppler scans twice weekly and they noticed on the 5th Nov that the blood flow had decreased from placenta to baby so decided to deliver at 34 weeks and Ellie was 4lb 3oz (they said the day before in the scan that she would be a little under 3lbs). we found out that the reason for the lack of blood flow is that my placenta wascovered in blood clots and that the next pregnancy I have I will beed a daily dose of asprin xx

My daughter was born at 31 weeks due to an infection,she weighed only 3lb 11oz and was in NICU for a month and was tube fed the whole time ive been told i also have to be consultant-led as im at high risk of having another prem birth, i would exspect there just keep a close eye on you and give you scans every 2 weeks instead of the usual ones your supposed to have :)

Kelly did they say why you delivered Premature last time

no they never mentioned anything.. so i have no idea if it was something i done, was just one of those things or i had some sort of problem that brought on labour!

no they never mentioned anything.. so i have no idea if it was something i done, was just one of those things or i had some sort of problem that brought on labour!

Hi everyone. both my first and second child were premature. My first was born at 29 weeks weighing 3pound 7 oz and my second was born at 31 weeks weighing 5pound 7 oz. When i got pregnant with my second they put me on steroids so that my baby would have a better chance and my baby did have a better chance. I am now trying for my third child and this time my doctor says i will get stitched up at bout 20 weeks because my body cant handly the extra weight or presure. Its really scaring having a premature baby all the worrying if ther guna pull through then the long waiting to bring them home. Both of mine had to stay in hospital for couple months i cried everytime i left the hospital.

Aww that must have been so hard Chels, they will do all they can this time for you xxxx

I had a premature baby although she was born at 36 weeks so almost term. She weighed 4lb12oz at birth.

I have to say that having another prem baby is a big fear of mine as leaving hospital without her was so traumatic :(

I no how u feel annie. I cryed leaving both of my babies in hospital as they were both early. Its so upsetting going home with out your baby. I am hoping i dont have another prem baby.

aw yeah I went home after 4 days cause all was fine with my section and I have a 6 year old too and leaving the hospital without our baby was soul destroying and for 32 days we had to go in everyday and then leave again without her and not one day did it ger any easier xx

i agree!! i would rather go full term and be uncomfortable than go early and have to leave my baby behind, its heartbreaking! xx

My mum went into labour around 33/34 weeks but they managed to hold her off until around 36 weeks but when she had me second time around I was 1 day late. She doesnt know why her body wanted to go into labour early on but it didnt effect the second pregnancy at all.

I To hated leaving my daughter In hospital had to do so for a month was so heartbreaking.. couldnt wait for the day she was home :) shes almost 7 months now and still a bit tiny for her age lol :)

My son he average for a 5 year considering he was premature so it shows that they catch up. My daughter still small for her age but she has been poorly since the day she was born at 31 weeks she wouldnt feed at all so was tube fed after couple of weeks we brought her home then a week later took her back to hospital because he had a herner not sure how you spell it. Then when she 3 months old she as in hospital again for couple of weeks because she ha fluid on her lungs then we finally get her home and what happens she back in hospital again when she 7 months because she started to have fits she turn out she has epilepsy. She also has asthma. Bless her. Doctors say she might grow out of both of them because she so young. Hopefully she does i want her to have a normal life.

i had 2 babies fine then my 3rd but 1st with hubby was born at 33 weeks + after my waters breaking at 22 weeks, he weighed 4lb 6, they told mw with my 4th that it would be a miracle if i made it to 34 weeks as i had a ffn test at 31 weeks that said i would go into labour but never did, i had her at 39 weeks, my 5th they decided i wasn't high risk anymore because my 4th came on time, now this pregnancy I am back as high risk and have to see consultant at 32 weeks aswell as when i was 20 weeks, but thats all nothing major. It is possible for it to be just one of thsoe things like it was for me. but also alot of people that have had one premmie can go onto to have another even with having full termers inbetween, I think in some cases its just the luck of thedraw, but o thing i will say is that i ruined the whole of my pregnancy with my 4th with sheer worry nad its the one thing i regrett the worrying neve changed anything just made me really miserable in pregnancy so my last one and this one i have been determined ot enjoy every minute and so far i have, i know its easier said than done but really try to enjoy it

Yes you are right mumofmany i worried with both of mine and worrying doesnt do you or the baby any good am the same am not going to worry this time if its going to happen then its going to happen and i cant do anything about it.

just though id add my mums story, i know she wont mind!

my mum went into labour with me at 28 weeks, i was 3lb 4oz and was tube feed, they never told her why it happend, she just says im impatiant! with my brother all was different :) he was 1 day overdue! and was 6lb 12oz! so one prem birth doesnt always mean there will be more!

unlucky for me, it seems that prem births run in my family, me, my mum, my aunty, two of my uncles and my nan were all prem, and thats only on my mums side, my dad doesnt know about his history. but to make things worse my oh family also have a fistory of prem births with 5 from both sides, that he knows of :(

its the thing that scares me the most about being pregnant! especialy as our local hospital had just reduced its maternity ward to midwife lead only, and the nearest consultant lead maternity ward is 40mins away :'(

my daughter ws born bang on the due date, 5 years later my son was born at 29weeks. he stayed in for about 8 weeks as his heart wasn't too good.
This time around im terrified about going through it all again, my midwife reckons that its only a 50/50 chance but thats enough to scare me, adding to that we have to be flown to the mainland for anything other than straightforward births.x

Im interested in this too as it also worries me as DD was late but I was young then and Kynon was early at almost 36 weeks because my placenta wasn't very good, my age was mentioned as a possibility (36) for a crap placenta but I don't smoke and I'm fit and healthy. I plan to have more babies very soon so hope this won't be a problem as I was very lucky Kynon was born nearly full term and healthy. Guess I'll just have to see how it goes if I manage to get pregnant again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back