Midwife led care or consultant

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hey, I saw ANOTHER mw today and am under mw led care; due to an operation I had some years ago she asked if I had seen a consultant? I was like.. err.. no... and should I?

Who here is under a consultant and who is under mw led care; I didn't realise there were three different care leaders for those who are pregnant?

just out of interest really?? :doh:

I'm under both. I see my midwife for all the normal appointments but I also see my consultant every 2/3 weeks for scans but he also checks my bp and urine and fundal height.

im under both at the minute mine is due to low bmi so i have extra growth scans if all goes ok at my 34 week scan then i can go back to just MLC :)

I was under both after the itching I had but now I'm just back to mlc as well. The consultant did see me twice between 12 and 24 weeks to make sure I was ok due to precious mental health problems and a blood tranfusion I had due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding.

x

I was under both after the itching I had but now I'm just back to mlc as well. The consultant did see me twice between 12 and 24 weeks to make sure I was ok due to precious mental health problems and a blood tranfusion I had due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding.

x

i think she means previous :)

x

i think she means previous :)

I am truely 'loling' right now - precious mental health problems, thats class!!!! :rofl: Yep Previous, they defo weren't precious! Awww god bless me, I've no brain left!!!!

i didnt want to tell you but i chuckled too you must be the only 1 to describe how you feel about mental health problems in that way hee hee

I am also underboth - you tend to be seen by a consultant if you have a previous history or something, low placenta (which would be picked up at the 20 weeks scan) low or high birth weight/measurements etc

I wish I could be Midwife lead.....I was fighting for a MW lead birth but I think I have now well and truely lost the fight after the past week with being in hospital etc ! xx

I was just under midwife as was classed as low risk, until diagnosed with gestational diabetes and now I see midwife as before and consultant every week or two and will be having a few more scans to check her growth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back