Consultant led care

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
Hi I have been put under consultant led care due to been on medication. Is anyone else under consultant care? I am 17 weeks and have my 1st appointment with the consultant. Does anyone know what the appointment involves?

Thanks
S xx:roll:

I'm under consultant led care due to hypothyroidism, and I just had to see a consultant seperately who took a different set of bloods and asked me certain questions. I think it basically just means they keep a closer eye on you throughout - I haven't seen the consultant since I was 16 weeks.

I see a consultant approximately every month because I've been diagnosed wit an auto-immune disorder. They usually take bloods and ask me how I'm feeling, they also listened to the baby's heart beat at 16 weeks. Other things they do is arrange scans and any other necessary appointments for me (I just get letters in the post asking me to come for this or that scan etc.)
It's really not particularly scary or anything, just that they keep a closer eye on my health and on how the baby's doing :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back