Consultant Led Care

Maria1977

Reaction score
Hi

I spoke to a midwife today, she old me that as I had a section last time that this pregnancy would be consultant led and that I will have an appt with a consultant before my 12 week scan. Just wondering what I should expect under this care??

Thank you for any advice xxx

I was under consultant care because of high blood pressure, for me it meant a trip to the hospital every four weeks for a bp check until around 6 months, then they checked baby on a monitor as well, at 34 weeks I was there every week for a check, and got about 3 extra scans too which was nice. Also, I only saw the consultant once, on my first visit. After that it was always a registrar. It would have been nice to just have the few mw checks and that be it,but it was also nice to not have to go or very long before being told again that everything was fine :)

I'm dreading if I have to go regular because the hospital is 10 miles away and the cost of petrol there and back is alot and the car parking charges are mental. Also, the consultant I was seeing during 3rd tri with Oscar was a horrible man, so I'm worried about seeing him. A once off I could handle, but regular visits make me panic lol

Thanks for your response hun xxxx

I was on CLC because i had a premature birth and had to be keep a close eye on, as it goes after 2 consultant appointments he discharged me from him, and let me carry on with just the midwife, then at 32wks i had to go back on CLC due to growth problems, where i was up the hospital every other day. i dont really know what to tell you to expect as we were all under CLC for different reasons.

I guess my main wondering was what is consultant led care for after sections? I know I'll find out from the midwife, but was just curious while waiting for my appt. I just wondered if it was so they could monitor the wound from the section as it is stretched? Mine has been really achey this last week and a bit stingy too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back