hard kicking

jayla's mummy

Reaction score
hey ladies, you all must think im a wimp. but my growing baby seems to think that it is funny to kick mummy really hard - i mean really really hard. its not just one kick its like 3-5 kicks . it really hurts that i was on the bus today and the baby kicked and i jumped up in the air ( because i was just so shocked) ive never felt it like that b4.
is it just the baby getting bigger?
or am i just a wimp? hehe
xnatx

i think ur lucky! i cant' wait to get to that stage
u just have a healthy and active baby in there that's all!

Kieran used to go mad like that, it used to drive me nuts!! Maybe you have a big baby? :shock:

my little one is like that too..maybe yours doesnt like much action, cos when they are scared they tend to kick. and stuff... trying rubbing your belly to reassure baby that everything is alright.
we are at about the same time. i do get this too... its like hes trying to kick his way out. lol..

is yours kicking u in the ribs or hips or even the pubic bone?

I get this too. Sometimes it's totally unrelenting and so hard I end up doubled over (well as much as you can with a huge bump) :)

i started to rub my belly last night as the belly was bootying me, then i sang to baby and he stopped. it was really sweet. i like being kicked and everything but i dont like the hard kicking it is so painful.
he was kicking in my ribs and did think he was trying to find his way out of me.
an then this morning i started to have braxton hicks ( or so my mother in law says) i thought it was to early in my pregnancy to have them. yyyy???

:roll:
xnatx

no you can get them anytime after 12 weeks :roll:

Hi Mama2b,

This is my third pregnancy and I'm usually really slim, so perhaps that's why I've felt this baby kick from 14 weeks and have been able to see the kicks on my stomach for a few weeks now. I'm not even 20 weeks yet and this baby kicks so hard it makes me say, "Oww" out loud. My mum was concerned there was something wrong the other night because s/he kicked me so hard so many times. I don't remember this with my other two children, although later on with my daughter (2nd baby), I felt her hiccuping when she was in the breech position for a while (her head under my ribs) and that was uncomfortable.

This baby seems to be very low down and seems to prefer a breech - feet in my pubic area! - position, which probably makes the kicks more noticeable. The really hard kicks s/he does are to the right of my belly button though. S/he is VERY active - I wonder if this baby will sleep at all! :shock: Though his/her dad did point out that I have often said he kicks/elbows me in his sleep all the time (which is true). I think mine must be taking after his/her dad!

I really appreciate this little one being so active (well, right now, not later after the birth!) because I find it reassuring. I don't like the hard kicks so much, but again, I'm reassured by the "strength" of my LO.

I've noticed on here that people recommend eating/drinking sweet things when a worried mum-to-be hasn't felt her baby move much, to get the baby moving, and this has made me wonder whether this is why my baby is so active: I have started taking sugar in my hot drinks and eating chocolate biscuits (I don't normally have a sweet tooth). Perhaps my baby is active because of the suger rushes? Are you eating/drinking lots of sweet things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back