hair

Layla

Reaction score
hi guys

I have booked in to get my hair done, getting bored of being black now, well its meant to be black but its faded to a really dark brown now..anyway..

I want to go warm brown with blonde streaks, but to do that i will need to have a bleach bath, then hightlights and tint.

thats alot of processing and i will prob need to cut alot of my hair off after, i have been trying to grow it for ages!

or do i keep the lengh and just get LOADS of bleach highlights put in to lighten the aprearance a bit and put up with a bit of black still.

what would you do, cut a bit off to get teh colour you really want, or keep the lenght and only go a bit lighter?

xxxx

layla im in the same possition. i have long black hair but want some thing a bit softer on my face now, i kind of like posh spice sheril tweedy type hair coulour light browny blonde..

iv dyed my hair black for yrs now, once i went the hairdressers and payed over £100 they bleached it took loads of atemps and took 7hrs but went a redy brown but i was happy with it, then i got a light brown hair dye when my roots came through, little did i no i was preg and it went jet black... GUTTED

and it wrecked my hair went like wool and all broke i wouldnt cut it as i loved having long hair but it looked so ratty

dionne said:
layla im in the same possition. i have long black hair but want some thing a bit softer on my face now, i kind of like posh spice sheril tweedy type hair coulour light browny blonde..

LOL thats what i want done, i have cut out a pic of Cheryl's hair and i have shown my hairdresser, she thinks she can do it but i know myself the ends on my hair wont take it so i would have to cut about 2 inches off

xx

the ends of my hair wouldnt lift atall in fact from my sholders down to my waist wouldnt, but i sat there in a sulk saying they couldnt cut it

yh her hair is lovely i think its more femine as pretty and fresh, dark hair makes me look a bit harsh faced and aint good when i aint got make up on as im pale.

let us no if u go for it, then if yours works il get mine done :)

but iv been putting home dye all over for 6yrs! i dont just do my roots either i put it all over

With having dark hair i would more recommend looking at getting low lights instead of highlights...
Everytime i have highlights/bleech on my hair it goes a crappy orangey colour purely cos my hair is dark it just doesn't take....

Would see what colours they can do as lowlights, maybe get like a caramel colour with errr i dunno!! lol!

but would break up and give you a lighter/warmer feel to your hair, but without leaving that bleeched out feeling!!

xox

you cant put low lights in black hair tho hun, tint doesnt lift tint, so to get any lighter, even if its just a bit i would need bleach or a ligh lift tint.

my hairdresser is a girl i trianed, we both did the same course together so i trust her and she knows my hair.

im still not sure what to do, help! lol

xx

sorry :oops: didn't know that about black hair!!!
xox

go for it layla :D

only cause i want you to let me no how it turns out lol

post a pic of ya hair now :)

i want to do something with my hair but don't know wat to do.
i've had it long then short then long then short, its long at the mo and i haven't had it cut for the past year, i'm thinkin of going short again and having some low lights, but i'm being a wimp about having it all cut off.
I always used to get mistaken for a bloke, but that was before i had kids.
I suppose i can always grow it again. i hate going to the hair dressers.
Mind you i wasn't allowed to go to the hair dressers till i was 15!! as my grandma used to cut it, she was a hair dresser but had been retired for years!!! so you can imagine!!

lol ok dionne, but if my hair fall sout then im blaming you! hehe :wink:

Hypnorm, we should both just go fir it! :)

got to wait ages tho, its not till a week tomorow! i might phone and see if i can bring it forward

xx

Oh please don't do it! I was in the same predicament I had dark hair and wanted blonde highlights in it, so I did and the roots come in so quick. My hair has started splitting off :evil: (I have hair at my waist!)

Guess what?? My hair appointment is booked for Friday to get it put back to dark brown again before Rebecca's christening on Sunday! :shock:

Dionne there is nothing nicer than seeing a girl with dark hair and a nice tan ( I put fake bake on!) as I am as white as a sheet!

Layla hun, go for choc brown low lights, unless u r minted and can afford the upkeep of the blonde unlike me... :cry:

im naturaly blonde hun, so it will be ok to let my roots come through :)

altho i dont want to go as light as my natrual colour, light warm browny blonde is what i want..

Dionne, here is my hair now..been very hot today so excuse the state of me! lol

hair.jpg

layla said:
im naturaly blonde hun, so it will be ok to let my roots come through :)

altho i dont want to go as light as my natrual colour, light warm browny blonde is what i want..

Dionne, here is my hair now..been very hot today so excuse the state of me! lol

hair.jpg

You have the same hair colour as me Layla, I wanna go lighter again too, but chicked out when I got o my Aunties salon and choce dark brown with bright pink highlights instead :lol:
I am slightly concerned about how much work it would take to strip mine now too, after so so many years of dying it black/red/purple, etc.

When you gonna get it done babe? x

a week tomorrow but i might see if i can bring it forward, i want it done now! lol

i have dyed mine dark for ages, i went blonde when i had coby but that only lasted a month or so lol so i have alot of colour to strip too.

i will have to have a bleach bath, then foils and a tint over the top so its alot of work :(
they only have to lift it to a light orange and then the foils and tint till take over the top, im just worried about wether my hair will break off at teh ends, so if i get this done i will have to have about an inch to 2 inches takes off.

im being the tester for Dionne lol so i will for you too if you want :)

xx

i could never dye my hair brown(im naturally ginger) so dye blonde(only highlights at the mo tho)

black does suit you though layla, but i no how you feel i get bored easy its just hard with black hair cant just wack a home dye over it :x

heres mine, sorry about the pic but its so rare i where it down as it gets in my way but as you can see its jet black but quite thin to so worried it will just snap off????????

i could do this at home if i didnt want foils, when i went from black to blonde before i did it myself,

just buy a ore lightener, not bleach!, and whack it on for an hour, it lifts to a light orange, then you buy an ask blonde to tone the orange down.

but this time i want multi tones so i have to get it done right.

bloody £75 its costing me!!!

i also use henna wax as my conditioner, you can get a big tub from teh chemist and it keeps your hair in great condition.

or i sometimes buy hair dyes just for the conditioner.

if you do colour your hair, or lighten it, its always a good idea to get teh ends taken off, but if you use thos conditioners then hopefuly it will only be the ends and not inches

xx

I home dye mine Dionne, using swazcoff (however the fook you spell it) LIVE. I tend to use 2 packets when my hair gets longer or hasn;t been thinneds out, and you have to watch your hairline, but after doing it so many times I'm used to it.

Layla, when I bleach bathed mine I had to cut about 4 inches off, I still have pics of how it went I think, it was HALERIOUS!! I'll find one if you want. Mine will never go blonde again now unless I grew it out, fat chance of that!

yeah post a pic! i want to see what might be if it goes wrong lol

i might go there and still come back with black hair if it does go wrong lol

xx

I must have deleted it :wall: Put it this way, it was orange, like a tangerine, proper proper orange. I had shoulder length hair, and after that I had to cut it off till it was about 3 inches long. I was gutted. But my hair is way way over processed and I didn't use to look after it very well. Hopefully yours will be much better!! I did mine myself so no wonder it cocked up :shock: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back