Hair dye

Loula

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you ladies have dyed your hair at home since being pregnant.

I havent done mine since September and its now half red half my natural colour and was gonna ask my mum to do it this afternoon.

Have read on the net that as long as your out of tri 1 get someone else to do it and be in a ventilated room then all should be fne but am still a little apprehensive.

Starting to feel a bit down as my clothes are becoming smaller and i feel as if i am letting myself go just thought this could be a little pick me up for new year as am going out tonight and just want to look nice xxx

I was EXACTLY the same. I left my hair as long as I could before I had a meltdown. Felt horrible looking at my own reflection. Our bodies change enough and it's sometimes hard to accept isn't it!

I've dyed my hair at home myself quite a few times since becoming pregnant. I waited until tri 1 was over and done with though before I did it. But I've done it about 5 times so far and never had any problems :)

I dyed mine a few times whilst I was pregnant and will do the same this time, as unfortunately I have grey hairs :( It's get difficult towards the end, as you get bigger, but just about managed it lol. Just make sure you use the same dye as you have before, a friend of mine had highlights before being pregnant, but decided just to dye herself once she was pregnant and she had an allergic reaction. Don't let it scare you hun, it isn't very common, if you are worried maybe do a sensitivity test first, as dye suggests x x

I dyed mine myself at 6 weeks and 11 weeks and was fine. Just had window wide open in bathroom Although I made I right mess...not easy when your hair is down to your waist!!! I went up in-laws looking like I'd been in a fight lol

I dyed my hair at about 12 weeks and then again last week. I used a home dye colouring set and all has been fine. I did read up about it on the net before i did it and apparently there's very little evidence to show that hair dye can harm your baby. If that were the case then people who work in hairdressers etc wouldn't be able to go to work when pregnant! I think as long as you do the usual skin tests etc, and make sure the room is well ventilated you should be fine xxx

I stopped dying at first coz I was worried, then 2 hairdressers told me it was fine, so I started dying it again in the first tri and it's been fine, no probs. In fact, the colour is looking better than normal!!

well i did it so fx, a happy bunny now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back