Hair Dye is not to be :-(

jendav81

Reaction score
Went to the hairdressers today and told hairdresser I was preg, she did a patch test just to check that I wouldn't react to the dye now.... and guess what...? It was itchy in about 5 mins :(

I have dyed my hair since I was 15 and never had any reactions!!!

Now I have 5 months of regrowth on the way lol!!!!

How attractive I will be with massive bump and massive roots!!! :dance:

Good thing they did a patch test otherwise it could have been nasty :(

That's what DH said. At least I have a sensible hairdresser who didn't just slap it all over my head!!!

Ladies, if you are getting hair dyed make sure you get one xx

YOU POOR THING! Get a lovely new hair style instead experiment.
What about more natural alternatives i'm thinking of lemon juice it worked for me.
I think i'll stay clear of my highlights with my terrible long list of allergies i bet id react badly too.

What colour is your hair dyed?? You could maybe try henna or other natural dye, I know the body shop used to do it but dont no how good it would be if your hair is really light.

could they try doing it with foils so the dye isn't in contact with your scalp? It might help blend in the colour change whilst it grows out.

I had my dark brown hair dyed blonde when I fell pg with james and just let the colour grow out. I had dark roots halfway down my head by the time he was born! :lol:

I have blonde highlights and an allover colour in between, so I would have roots if I got foils anyway :(

I think I will just leave it till after the birth and can treat myself! I'm going to get more layers put in as it needs cut anyway.

Thanks for the tips. I'll let you know how I get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back