had my booking appointment!

kazimotto

Reaction score
well ladies had my mw appointment, and thought i would be able to beg for a scan after my bleed but no, not allowed one! they said to call epu which i did but they said too early at six weeks, just sit it out. i am so so annoyed at this, i cant sleep or focus on anything...no blood no cramps but no symptoms either. did another clear blue digital todya and its still saying 2-3 weeks even tho today i am six weeks. so upset..x

didn't want to read and run on this one, I had had a friend who had an early scan at about 6 weeks so keep on at the EPU, or get to 7 weeks and book a private one. I have a private one booked for this weekend (will be 8+1) as I had a bit of spotting and I am just worrying too much!! don't do the tests as hormone levels vary, you're best to get your blood tested for the hcg levels - have you spoken to your Dr?

Those clear blue digital ones are a bit unpredictable from what ive heard!! If youve had no further pain or cramping then thats great looks like it could have been an implantation bleed which is really common in 1st trimester, I didnt realise quite how common till i had one myself and then it seemed that everyone i spoke to had had some early bleeding. . I think they avoid scanning before 7 weeks as the heart starts beating at some point in week 6 n they wouldnt want to scan and see no heartbeat n panic you when it will probably start in the next few days. I know midwives are great but mine was pretty rubbish when i went through this, i think its easy when they see so many pregnant women to become really detached and forget that this is your baby and 'wait n see' isnt good enough.
I'd maybe phone a private scanning clinic n see if they offer anything, even if it just shows up an implantation bleed at least you know where its come from.

Keep us posted
xx

thanks girls, i have just called the epu who have finally agreed to scan me on tues! i have heard before it could be implantation, but it was straight after sex (literally as dh pulled out...sorry tmi!) and the mw said that doesnt sound good even tho no clots or anything or pain. it was like there was a pocket of blood or something and dh touched it, but we were really really careful, aware not to go deep inside, so cant understand why the red blood or where it came from?? anyway at least i only have to wait til tues now...xx

glad you have got a scan!! you really would have thought the midwife would have done more too get you an early scan too stop you worrying as much. thinking of you roll on tuesday xx

thanks louise, i know ifeel i had to fight to get a scan. so will just wait til then unless anything happens over weekend, fingers crossed it wont. xxx

If you had had a m/c your hormone levels will drop really quickly so it would either say not pregnant or 1-2 weeks, the fact it says the same i think is a good thing x x

Hey, spoke to one of my friend yesterday who had lots of bleeding when she was pregnant with her LO. She said she bled after sex no matter how careful they were and the further on she got in her pregnancy shhe started to bleed when she walked long distances and loads of other things. Said she had no pain at all or clots but it was bright red then turned to a rusty (old blood) colour over the next few hours. Sounds a bit like you. Turns out she had a cervical erosion. Has sent me the following info about it....

During pregnancy, the cervix becomes softer and is more prone to bleeding. If the cervix bleeds during intercourse or with a pap smear, it is usually painless; although it may recur, typically, in a few days it turns brown and goes away .
All pregnant women should be screened for chlamydia, bacterial vaginosis, gonorrhea and syphilis and should have a pap smear. If all of these are negative and there is no evidence of vaginitis, a "cervical erosion" is of no consequence and will have no bearing on the pregnancy at all.

Hopefully thats all it is.
xxx

thanks mummynmummy2b for looking that up, i am ever hopeful! today i have more dark brown spotting, actually looks almost black! i dont know whats going on, i spoke to a private scanning clinic today and the doc said he doesnt know why the mw told me bleeding isnt right because he has seen loads of it and the baby is fine, he said the brown discharge wil def be old blood but the black is scaring me. but i am not phonin epu theres no point, i am not in pain so will just have to wait. just wish it would clear up and stop so i can get on with being hopeful about this, i am trying to keep it together but so hard. i do notice its when i am moving about its discharging, cos when i have been in bed theres nothin. xx

I know I wouldnt have expected the midwife to say what she said to you. When i phoned my Mw when i bled she basically said that none MC bleeding in the 1st Trimester is really common (like 1 in 5 pregnancies) for various reasons and its nothing to worry about unless you are bleeding heavily passing clots and in discomfort. Sure you will be fine but i know its probably driving you batty! Bring on Tuesday xx

Oh and on the Black looking discharge, dont worry about that... old blood varies in colour depending on the amount of oxygen in it and how your iron levels are etc. I've heard that bleeding in your bowel causes your poo to look black so wouldnt think the dark colour is anything to worry about xx

Hi hon I'd try to stay positive at this stage. I had a mc about 8 weeks ago and my hormone levels dropped really, really quickly. Got everything crossed for u xxxx

Hope you scan gos well and re-assures you Kazimoto XX

thanks ladies u are all so lovely and supportive. i havent had any discharge since lastnight, and still have no cramps or anything. i think sometimes when u read stuff on net it makes worse, i read an article that said if u get any brown or dark broan discharge it means the baby has most definately died and u need a d &c. things like that dont make it easy to stop the worry, but thanks to u girls looking things up it puts my mind at rest. thanks to u all, will keep u updated. xxx

thinking of you lovely!! your so right about reading stuff on the internet makes you feel worse!!

all the best for tuesday will be thinking of you xx

well nobody must have told my baby that then! After my bleed my discharge was brown for 3 days lol! and now im 16 weeks xx

i was having a think about things. do u think this is possible? the red bleed i had was after sex, gentle sex but still enough blood came out and it was fresh. it didnt turn inot flow, and then turned to brown spotting. that was one week ago. i am still spotting though minimally, but can see it on wiping. when it turned black there was what looked like oild congeiled blood. so now i was thinking is it possible that the brown blood is still the blood from the sex, and cos its taken over the week to come out its turned dark? what do u ladies think? suppose i am holding onto hope but i am in no pain at all and no red blood since then or clots even when i had the red blood. i am just trying to make sense of it i suppose. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back