Just had my booking appointment

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Just returned from my last minute booking in appointment which I should have had a month ago :rotfl:

It was quite nice she didnt check the babies heartbeat cause I have my scan tuesday, but she mentioned to me that if there where no problems at my scan at 8 weeks she is confident that the baby should be fine. So that made me feel abit less worried :)

I have to have a diabetes test done at 20 weeks :( as all the signs are looking like I might be a diabetic, it runs in my family and I am always thristy and weeing. But it won't effect the baby so thats ok.

I have been booked into the birth unit of baby because of the histpry of complicated births that also runs in my family! So there will lots of doctors around for my birth which is quite reassuring!

Anyway as a positive note to all those who have had early scans say around 8 weeks, from what my midwife has said if at your early scan the sonographer says everything is fine looks like everything hopefully should be. so that something to be happy about :D

Glad it went well for you hun!

I had a scan at 6 weeks yesterday, do you think things will be alright for me too seeing as its only 2 weeks difference? :?

That's great news Vicky :cheer:

Even if they can't see on external scan kirsty, they can do an internal scan and it isn't painful..I've had one before :)

I know that there is a higher chance of a successful pregnancy after you have had heard a heartbeat and all is growing well.
my midwife seemed quite confident for me hun, so fingers crossed! Otherwise ask your midwife like I asked mine I am sure she will fill you in on the facts :D xx

sorry kirsty, didn't read the post properly... :doh:

I know the risk isn't completely abolished but you've seen a healthy heartbeat and baby so I think that must be a positive sign.... :)

yeah thats the impression I got too, just take care of yourself and your bump and all should be well! :D

Well I saw the heartbeat and the sonographer said things look absolutely fine. She said its something like a 60% chance of continuing normally now.

That made me relax a bit. I even bought a little hat for the baby yesterday even though I know I shouldnt of :oops:

after my first scan , I ordered my pushchair, cotbed...the lot!

I know I shouldn't have but couldn't resist!

I'm sure it will all be ok and lo will love it's little hat!

:D

kirlykird said:
after my first scan , I ordered my pushchair, cotbed...the lot!

I know I shouldn't have but couldn't resist!

I'm sure it will all be ok and lo will love it's little hat!

:D

You shouldnt of said that, Im gonna be buying all sorts now :lol:

pregnancy must turn us all into spendaholics!

If only i'd kept more from last time!! :D

Vicky, Good luck for your scan on Tuesday! Hope you get the all clear for diabetes in your later test too.

I am tempted to start buying but I might wait till after christmas. My apartment is only small and with us moving soon I don't wanna lose or damage anything we buy!
:hug:

we're planning on hitting the january sales!!!!

missac said:
we're planning on hitting the january sales!!!!

I didnt even think of that!!

We're planning on getting the loola pushchair so I hope its still available in a few months with all the new season stuff that'll be coming out :pray:

My plan is to do that for clothes etc... I'm just too impatient for the rest!!!

:shock: :D

We're going shopping today and Im dying to buy just a few things like vests and stuff, would it be tempting fate do you think?? :think:

When i first found out, i bought LO a pair of bootees, just so i had something!

But i waited a while before i went on a spending spree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back