Booking in Appointment

Tongerlo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have my first appointment on Monday. Really looking forward to it but really nervous also!

I'm 9 weeks 3 days and up until now I've not had any appointments with the midwife or scans.

With my lack of symptoms I keep actually wondering if I am still pregnant!

Does anyone know if they listen to the heartbeat at the booking in appointment? I really hope they do as it will be a massive reassurance to hear a little heartbeat!

Thanks xx

Hi i'm not sure if all booking in app are the same but here its just a lot of forms to fill in and paperwork to sort and have bp checked, i know here they have stopped listening to the hearbeat completely but i think maybe it would be a little early to hear at the mo x

sorry tri hoping again

At the booking in appointment it was a lot of form filling about your medical history and the fathers
the midwife weighed me, did my bp, checked my urine took some blood.
They dont check the heartbeat here till 16 weeks as it can be so hard to find before this

They didn't check heartbeat at my booking in at 9 weeks as baby to small for doppler to pick it up

Hi hun,

At my booking in appointment, the mw just went through some questions about my medical history, took my bp and tried to take my blood. She couldn't take any bloods because my veins were hiding lol, so just popped in to hospital the next day and got them taken.

Oddly, I thought, she discussed breast feeding and she also asked what kind of birth I'd like to have, home, hospital or water birth.

I gave her a urine sample, and she then said I'd hear back about things in the post. I got my med exempt form thingy a week later and my scan date today (I saw her 3 weeks ago Monday).

Hope this helps.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back