Had my 20 week scan today...

Sorry I think I'm being a bit thick, can you explain how the bump looks for a girl again please? Xx

apparently the bump for a girl is all up front, turn to side and look in mirror and if u look straight as in no sticky out bum its a girl but if your bum sticks out aswell as ur belly (shape of duck) its a boy!!

wil try n post piccies later to show what im on bout xx

congrats on stayin team yellow hun and lovely pics :)

my mom has always had this theory on bump shapes and has nevr guessed wrong out of all the grandkids mine being no13 and friends babies!!

her theory is when u stand looking from side

boy = looking like a duck as she says, bum sticks out and carry low duck shape lol

girl = completely flat when looking at shape of backside side on and a bump

im having my 3rd boy and thats exacltly how i look side on sticky out bum and bump just like a duck :) xx

Oh, wow, that's quite a record she's got there :) If I understand what you mean about girls, then I'm carrying a boy. I think you should get her to come on PF as a 'bump predictor' where people just post side images of their bumps and she tries to guess boy or girl!

I'd post a pic of my bump but I'm shy :|

xx

Oh, wow, that's quite a record she's got there :) If I understand what you mean about girls, then I'm carrying a boy. I think you should get her to come on PF as a 'bump predictor' where people just post side images of their bumps and she tries to guess boy or girl!

xx

Thats a BRILLIANT idea - can we send her pics and she guesses?! :lol: She'd be flooded by requests. xx

xx

Thats a BRILLIANT idea - can we send her pics and she guesses?! :lol: She'd be flooded by requests. xx

post pics if u want im goin to see her on saturday so i can log on from hers an get her to guess for you :) xx

this is my bump a you can see bum sticks out and bump and resembles a duck with her belly poking out and her butt out lol :)
sorry bout the mirror image as i think it needs a clean lookin at this pic

Attachments

• 2012-02-02 15.05.04.jpg
    2012-02-02 15.05.04.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
What if I've always had a sticky out bum? Will it go flat if I'm having a girl?? I've always been quite proud of my booty lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

What if I've always had a sticky out bum? Will it go flat if I'm having a girl?? I've always been quite proud of my booty lol x

That's what I've been wondering. How does that work? I don't have a very sticky out bum, but I do think I look a bit 'duck' shaped. LOL.

Tempted to put a pic in here for your mum, Lyndsey :)
x

x

Yay, do it, we're all friends x

Here's mine at 11+5 I think, might be a bit early or my arm in the way. My belly has expanded somewhat since, so if she's not able to tell I'll upload a more recent one. Please do pass on my thaks to her xx

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0998.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0998.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 3
:shock: I've only got pics of me in my pants, with a top on! :blush: OK. Give me a mo, I'll upload one in a bit.

EDIT: here you go. Blurred cos it's getting dark, but at least I'm wearing leggings now. I have such a pointy bump, and it's really grown in the last week or two :shock:

01a.jpg

Last edited:
21 weeks.jpg

Looks like my bum sticks out and im havign a girl...
x

im not sure, maybe if you have a before preg pic and one now as with all of us she obviuossly knew what we looked like before we got preggers so it was easier for her to guess when we started to show :)

x

Yay, do it, we're all friends x

Here's mine at 11+5 I think, might be a bit early or my arm in the way. My belly has expanded somewhat since, so if she's not able to tell I'll upload a more recent one. Please do pass on my thaks to her xx

might be better posting a more recent one and try moving ur arm so she can see better!! she always said it was easier to guess the closer to 20 weeks u r as ur showing more then :)

Lovely pice hun!! Yay team yellow, hubby and I are adament to stay team yellow xx

Lovely pice hun!! Yay team yellow, hubby and I are adament to stay team yellow xx

Thanks hun. Yay for team yellow!

Lyndsay, I'm sure it would be pretty hard for your mum to make any accurate predictions based on just one photo. I guess there's nothing quite like seeing the bump in the flesh, and knowing the pre-preggers shape of the mum to be. I was pretty much flat bellied when I started out.

Lovely bumps, ladies. xx

:shock: I've only got pics of me in my pants, with a top on! :blush: OK. Give me a mo, I'll upload one in a bit.

EDIT: here you go. Blurred cos it's getting dark, but at least I'm wearing leggings now. I have such a pointy bump, and it's really grown in the last week or two :shock:

View attachment 14321

Cute bump! You are so slim. I don't think it's pointy at all.

I think you might be team pink but I'm rubbish at guessing :)
Xx

This was me yesterday with the same top on for comparison. Not sure if it gives a better idea.
Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328279751.224250.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328279751.224250.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
This was me yesterday with the same top on for comparison. Not sure if it gives a better idea.
Xx

i will get her to have a guess for u when i pop over tomorrow, but from looking at ur first pic to now ur bum seems to be getting flatter to me but it could be coz ur arm was in the way on the first :) xx

Xx

Ooh, that looks like a better pic to me. Love the bump, hun, looking gorgeous. Fingers crossed for you and your LO. xx

Xx

i will get her to have a guess for u when i pop over tomorrow, but from looking at ur first pic to now ur bum seems to be getting flatter to me but it could be coz ur arm was in the way on the first :) xx

:yay: A smaller bum would be great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back