• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had first scan today and...

Helen said:
maybebaby said:
Bloody hell! I was only joking when I asked if that was a possibility!

Yeah, funny how many people made that joke! :shock: When we've told our family and friends they have all descended into hysterical laughter! Fun times ahead!! :lol:

As for being identical, they aren't. It's both embryos that implanted. I'm so happy that we didn't lose either of them through this.

I'm excited most of the time although suddenly I feel a bit out of my depth. I keep thinking, what do you do if... both of them are crying at once, you need to carry them both somewhere, .... it goes on and on... but mostly we're overjoyed! :cheer:

H

xx

I was watching the baby chanel last night and it was about twins they said they would highly recomend any woman expecting twins to join a twin group, they said they will tell you the truth about what to expect and be there to suport you, might be worth looking into, im sure it would help to know what to expect and to have people who have experienced it all there for advice if you need it! The two women who were on talking about there twins and giving advice run a twin support group and said their details would be on the baby chanel website, if your interested.

That's amazing news - congratulations Helen!!

Has anyone on here had twins before????

LBxx

Hi

I am sooo sooo happy for you guys :) gave me goosbumps when i read this.
Katrina

Helen, a huge congratulations to the 4 of you. We are thrilled for you, its just fabulous news and you really deserve it after everything you have been through.

Lots of love,

Emma, Gary & Katy xxxxxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

fantastic news. christmas come early i think!! :dance:
so pleased for you :clap:

im so happy for u Helen - BRING ON THE TWINS!!!!!!

huge hugs for u and OH, u deserve them!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Helen said:
maybebaby said:
I'm excited most of the time although suddenly I feel a bit out of my depth. I keep thinking, what do you do if... both of them are crying at once, you need to carry them both somewhere, .... it goes on and on... but mostly we're overjoyed! :cheer:

H

xx

Firstly big big congratulations! :hug:

You won't be out of your depth believe me, I won't lie the first few months are hard work but wow you get double the love back, you have two lots of first smiles, words,steps etc...

People will always say..' how will you cope'? but you will.. my theory was I had never had one so it was 'normal' to have to do two feeds, two lots of nappies etc...may have felt differently if I had had a baby before...and they will really keep each other company as they grow up.

...sorry I'm going on again...

just wanted to say don't worry, don't panic, you have a fantastic blessing!

Congratulations to you all! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I don't really post a lot here but I've been reading through all of your posts and I just wanted to give you a big fat congradulations !!! I'm so happy for you!
Wish you to best in the months to come! :)

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, that great news, how exciting!!!!

:dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer:

That is truly awesome congrats to you hunny!!!!!! :hug:

OMG congrats Helen!!! you must be over the moon and on cloud 9! so pleased for you :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Penstraze said:
Helen said:
maybebaby said:

Yeah, funny how many people made that joke! :shock: When we've told our family and friends they have all descended into hysterical laughter! Fun times ahead!! :lol:

As for being identical, they aren't. It's both embryos that implanted. I'm so happy that we didn't lose either of them through this.

H

xx

I was watching the baby chanel last night and it was about twins they said they would highly recomend any woman expecting twins to join a twin group, they said they will tell you the truth about what to expect and be there to suport you, might be worth looking into, im sure it would help to know what to expect and to have people who have experienced it all there for advice if you need it! The two women who were on talking about there twins and giving advice run a twin support group and said their details would be on the baby chanel website, if your interested.

My mum was a member of a twin group with my brothers and reckons she wouldn't have survived without it!

Tick-Tock said:
Penstraze said:
Helen said:
maybebaby said:

H

xx

My mum was a member of a twin group with my brothers and reckons she wouldn't have survived without it!

This is something I will agree with...

I am amember of TAMBA and have been since I was pg with my twinnies... you get advise, twin days out, contacts to local twin clubs and discounts on shops such as Clarkes which has been a big help over the last 8 years for me! :D

OMG!! I missed this amazing announcement!!! :shock:

Huuuuge congratulations Helen! I'm in shock, so God only knows how you and OH are!! :lol:

I met a mother of 12 week old twin boys at the hv group yesterday, and told her about this forum, and she asked me for the address so she could join. But then we over-ran and I had to go and pick Kayleigh up before I got to give it her. I'm seeing her tomorrow though, so I'll make sure she joins! She said it was hard work, but it was getting easier every day. And her boys are beautiful!!!

You may not want to read this bit though......I was bragging at the group how Charlie has slept through every night for a week, and her big announcement was that she got 3 hours sleep for the first time the night before!! :shock: :rotfl:

Amanda said:
OMG!! I missed this amazing announcement!!! :shock:

You may not want to read this bit though......I was bragging at the group how Charlie has slept through every night for a week, and her big announcement was that she got 3 hours sleep for the first time the night before!! :shock: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I think during the first few weeks I didn't sleep at all!

:shock:

But....a BIG tip for you... as soon as my m/w pointed out that they were restless as they're not used to being separated and we put them in a cot together.... they slept through the night from 11pm until 6am from 6 weeks old :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back