Had a sweep!

Loulabelle

Reaction score
Yeehaw! Been for my 40 wk appointment this afternoon.

Every thing is fine, apparently the pelvic pressure is normal!! She offered me a sweep so i had one and having another one on Wednesday.

I am 1-2cm dilated, effaced with my membranes still intact. PP is -2 (whatever that means). Apparently my cervix is slightly to the right but very soft - not sure what this will mean for labour.

I feel soooooo much better just knowing that something is happening down there, it's given me some hope. Since I got home I've had approximately 3 mild contractions and several clear-outs (sorry for TMI).

I will also have an appointment re induction at 40+10, so on 23rd April.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share x :dance:

hmmm 7 clearouts i doubt you will make it to induction day

oh that sounds good glad you were offered one. I just had my 2nd one I am 2-3cm dilated now an easy 3-4 when stretched, waters rally bulging, but again i have felt nothing since, no pains nothing lol I hope it works for you

Hope things get started now for you!! xx

Yay come on baby we want another labour watch x

I'm having an internal tonight at my consultant appointment. Wonder what news I'll have to report when I get back, if any!

Best of luck to the ladies already on their way!

I think a whole bunch of you are going to go at once :)

I've only been offline for the afternoon and I've missed lots of excitement :)

Yeah we could have Loulabelle, MOM and Little Rose all go at the same time....and never forget Lex quietly dilating away in the background....she's gotta go soon and has a sweep on Mon!! xx

Yeah we could have Loulabelle, MOM and Little Rose all go at the same time....and never forget Lex quietly dilating away in the background....she's gotta go soon and has a sweep on Mon!! xx

Mine had better be in there too!

A right flurry at the mo! Doesn't soft cervix mean virtually ready? I've heard the midwives say that at the antenatal classes a couple of times, hard like nose = bad and not ready, soft like lips = good and ready to dilate. Hopefully not too long!

Contractions well and truly stopped but just had a show xxx

Mine had better be in there too!

Yes sorry I knew I'd forgotton someone!! Better add in Crimson aswell before she smacks me, lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back