GTT question.

Kelly450

Reaction score
Got my GTT tomoro morning. Midwife said to watch my sugar before I go., but wasnt very clear.

Did u all change your diet the day before the test?

Also, it is just drink, bloods, sit for 2 hours and then bloods and home? I read on google that its multiple tests but google is always a pain as can be so innacurate lol! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Eat as you usually would the day before, BUT you shouldn't eat or drink anything other than water for 12 hours before the test. Mine was just one blood test when I got in, drink, wait two hours and another test. Some do an extra test after an hour. Did your mw explain why you needed the test? Have you had glucose in your urine?

I've got this next week and don't even know why I'm having it? I mentioned rapid weight gain.....??

also, are you sent to wait in a waiting room? or do you get a comfy bed ha xx

Mine was because my bmi was 31 but she said I could decline it.
I was told not to eat from 10pm and my test at 8.45. Yikes! Ill be right dizzy when I finish the test.

I always presumed we have to sit in the waiting room. Especially not get a comfy bed lol!

Im worried that ill be sitting there and my tummy will growl! Lol.
But ive heard some ppl say they went home. I read you have to try not be active during the test though xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

My one was 7am so I stopped food and drink at 6pm night before then had to bring my own lucazade original along to appoint they did bloods then I had five mins to drink set amount of it then sent out to sit in waiting room (take a book!!!) Then 2hrs later I had bloods taken again. My one was due to high bmi at start of preg and was done at 28weeks then they sent me a letter with the results. But did say if there was a problem I'd get a phone call. All was fine with mine I left fruit and snacks in car when I parked so that after the test I could have something to eat before driving to work as didn't want to faint. X

My one was 7am so I stopped food and drink at 6pm night before then had to bring my own lucazade original along to appoint they did bloods then I had five mins to drink set amount of it then sent out to sit in waiting room (take a book!!!) Then 2hrs later I had bloods taken again. My one was due to high bmi at start of preg and was done at 28weeks then they sent me a letter with the results. But did say if there was a problem I'd get a phone call. All was fine with mine I left fruit and snacks in car when I parked so that after the test I could have something to eat before driving to work as didn't want to faint. X

Hmm ill try eat early today and not eat after 8ish then. Just water after 8. Your test sounds just as I presumed it would go. How long did those 2 hours feel? I think I might have to take a snack as ill probably walk home and that will take a good 45 mins. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I've got to get it too because bmi is over 30 x

Just read on the slip I should 'take my unopened glucose drink and blood sheet if given'

I have the blood sheet. But not a drink and wasnt asked to buy one to take.
I notice peopke take lucozade. Do you think I should go buy a lucozade in the morning? Or should they supply one?
Its a bit out the way getting it in tge morning :(

Sent from my GT-I9300

When I had mine, they supplied the drink. The 2hr wait seemed very long, mainly because I'm not good in the morning if I haven't eaten! I had to have one last time because my dad's diabetic. Have to have one again this time. I'm surprised that some people aren't told why they're having it - I'd want to know why someone's doing extra blood tests and making me drink sugary drinks!

You definitely shouldn't be changing your diet before the test because it's supposed to be representative of what you usually eat/drink.

When I had mine, they supplied the drink. The 2hr wait seemed very long, mainly because I'm not good in the morning if I haven't eaten! I had to have one last time because my dad's diabetic. Have to have one again this time. I'm surprised that some people aren't told why they're having it - I'd want to know why someone's doing extra blood tests and making me drink sugary drinks!

You definitely shouldn't be changing your diet before the test because it's supposed to be representative of what you usually eat/drink.

Well I ate as usual :) and she supplied me with a drink luckily. Not that it was that lucky cause it wasnt nice of course lol. Now for the wait xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Lol! No the drink is bloody awful! I forgot to take my maternity notes to mine and they wouldn't start without them, so hubby (who luckily had come too) had to rush home to get them. They didn't even do anything with them!

Lol! No the drink is bloody awful! I forgot to take my maternity notes to mine and they wouldn't start without them, so hubby (who luckily had come too) had to rush home to get them. They didn't even do anything with them!

They don't do anything with them? How annoying lol! I thought she'd atleast make note that it had been done. If I get the results from the gtt do I have to let my midwife know or would she get told herself? Or is it only mentioned to mw if there is a problem xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

The MW would usually get every result of every test you have, whether there's a problem or not. You'll probably get told if there is a problem, but will have to ask your MW if there isn't... if that makes sense! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back