GRRR Blood Pressure

Valley Girl

Reaction score
I went to my midwife today and my blood pressure has gone up in one week from 80 to 94!!!

I had high blood pressure with my first baby but haven't felt at all unwell or swelly. I have to have it rechecked tmrw at home, hoping it will be down and that it was just because I was tense. (Last week saw a different midwife and they sent me up to the ward because the baby's heart beat was too fast! Turned out to be healthy and normal, he was just moving position when she listened to it in the morning so it was raised.) Maybe I was dreading it happening again or something.

Anyone else being watched for BP???

I am!!!!

Have you been started on anything for your high blood pressure? i had a check with my GP this morning and my bp was at its highest 150/75, this is my first bubba so all a bit scary really, don't know how dangeroys it is or what could mean for baby etc. I ve never had a problem with high bp, only since I found out I was preggers. I am 24 weeks now, sorry I know I shouldn't be in this forum but I was desperate to chat to someone else who had BP problems.

I have to get it checked again next week and if its still high i'll be started on some treatment. Hope all is well with you and that your BP gets sorted xx.

I am lucky because I am pretty much term, but it was a bolt from the blue. I have two kids so can't face being admitted to hospital yet!

I think they offer you treatment if you are too soon to be delivered should it turn into pre-eclampsia

My BP was high before I got pregnant but they still checkme once a week to make sure it was okay..and it was until Monday when it went upto 180/88 and they made me go into hospital. I knew it was down to stress, and it started to come down that night and they let me out the next day, but they've still put me on Methyldopa until I have Jenifer in 2 weeks and are checking my BP every 2/3 days.

My blood pressure has crept up a bit too - 140/72 - i thought it was ok but my GP wasnt happy, she suggested I stop rushing about, rest more and work less - I am going to talk to my boss today about doing 3 days a week until I finish in 3 weeks :cheer:

ive been today and mine now stands at a whopping 165/98 but still no protien but i have started to swell i have to go back tuesday :( another weekend of bedrest.

Yes i had high BP in my last pregnancy, but only near the very end really.. so now they're keeping an eye on it, so far its all been normal, but i wouldnt be surprised if it shoots up when i get a bit heavier..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back