Home Blood pressure monitor

Yvonne

Reaction score
As i suffered with High Blood pressure problems with Amy, and my BP started to rise the other week, OH went out and bought me a wrist BP monitor (digital one) so icould keep an eye on it myself.

But everytime i use it it gives me different readings, i do best of 3 and they are no where near each other!!!

I have a cracking headache at the moment and have taken 2 lots of painkillers which haven't shifted it and my head is going muzzy. I don't have swelling and i can't decide whether my blood pressure is raised as it gives me different readings!!

Has anyone else used one or knows someone who has?

I know you're supposed to wait at least 20minutes between each reading if that helps?

i'll give it a go. i have left it 5 so maybe thats why it's all over the place.
i'm a demic today, just feel so poo!!!

:( :( :(

I've got one and it gives me erratic readings aswell, so isn't much use for calming my nerves!

If i were you id ring the day unit, Ive been having severe headaches, and had a trace protien when i tested wee, they told me to go to see them straight away, they were great. All was fine but better safe hey?
I have never rated the automatic BP machines, even the hospital ones, i always prefer to do BP manually, But sami is right, you should always leave a little time inbetween each reading.
Take it easy xx

I have had a +1 of protein the last 2 antinatal appointment, but i also have a water infection which they seem to think that that is where the protein is coming from.

I am just a little bothered as i suffered badly with it with Amy and was in and out of hospital when carrying her, but i can't ring them up and say " i think i need to be checked i have headaches and dizzyness" i just don't know what to say, plus they make you feel like you are wasting their time.

:D :D :D

I don't like mithering people

hi amy

i work in a hospital and i have been told not to buy those machines as they dont give a correct reading a majority of the time.

i suffered with a raised bp with Joshua, but thankfully it has been stable this time.

if you are suffering from a constant headache which isnt cured with pain relief then you really should contact your midwife hun.

x

I know your right but i always feel stupid ringing, i don't know about anyone else but when you ring here you have to contact the midwives on delivery suite, and they are always busy delivering babies, so when i ring with such a trivial matter it always makes me feel guilty.
:( :(

Hi Amy's Mum again!
I really think you should contact MW. as soon as mentioned headaches and protien they told me that i must leave work there and then, no exceptions and get to the day unit asap. scared me to death, but if pre eclampsia is a possibility they need to see you right away.
Dont feel silly contacting them, thats their job. All i kept saying was 'im so so so sorry for bothering you' cos i felt silly too, but they reasured me no end.
let us know how you get on. xx

Hi Hels,

I have midwife tomorrow afternoon, she squeezed me in.

I am just really jubious because of this water infection and if it is that causing me to feel poopy then i am just wasting their time, but my OH keeps telling me that after 2 weeks of anti biotics it should be getting better not staying constant.

I'm too shy for my own good, i had all this with Amy and you could guarentee i was in and out of hospital for 2 days a week with blood pressure and protein!!

Iwill be ok to wait til tomorrow won't i??????? :oops:

Hi sorry, missed your post.
Hope all went OK?? Your Hubby is right, i think you should have seen someone before your appointment. This 9 months is ALL about your precious cargo and ALL about YOU! Do not feel like your a nuisence etc.
Let me know how you got on xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back