blood pressure!

jodie_honey

Reaction score
hi, i just went for a blood pressure check as ive been having headaches and feelin dizzy and seein white/silver spots infront of my eyes.
anyway my initial blood preasure (at booking appt) was 131/62 and its has bobbed around that mark every check since. today when i got checked it was 151/84. she told me to go home take paracetamol and if i dont feel any better then to go back and they will keep me in for monitering.
i have no clue about what blood pressure shud be, this doesnt seem too high to me but maybe they are concered with my symptoms? any ideas?
:think:

No it's not that high... Its the bottom number that's most important.

Its really really common for your bp to go up near the end of your pregnancy. Mine always been extremely low, and well the last few weeks its shot up like yours and i've had swelling, flecks of light, headaches, dizziness.

They are keeping an eye on my bp.. but its a bit like yours, where it's gone up... but because it was low to start off with, its not gone up enough for them to start worrying. I think they worry because they see you regularly from your first booking and get to know what is a normal bp for you... so for that to change and go up... along with classic high bp symptoms, I think they like to just keep you monitored to be on the safe side...

Just take it easy is the only thing you can do.. and try and make it to a bed or sofa before you pass out...

aww thnx. i dont rly wanna go in to be moniterd anyway so i think i will just tell my oh i feel tonns better haha. he keeps pestering me to go. they prob just wanna check it doesnt go any higher, ive got an appt on thursday anyway so i will just rest til then xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back