Blood pressure - what is normal range

lizzie1978

Reaction score
Hi, had 36 week mw appointment today and my blood pressure is still high as it was last week. There is no evidence of protein in my urine but mw wants to see me weekly as she said my bp not high enough to send me in but i hav got to let her know if any severe headaches. I have had a few niggly ones which go off with 1 paracetemol. My feet are also fairly swollen which she has put in my notes as being odema of feet.

Has anyone else had this experience? I am worried as it has been an extremely stressful christmas and couple of weeks due to a family argument.
How high does your blood pressure have to be to be admitted for monitoring? mine is 130/80

140 is classed as high ! Yours may be high in comparison to what yours normally is, this happens to me and changes weekly... try and rest as much as you can, anxiety can have a profound effect on BP !

xx

Mine was 140/88 and had trace protein in urine along with swelling. They are seeing me twice a week more so because I delivered dd at 36+4 with the start of pre-eclampsia.

What have your readings been throughout? They look at them as a comparison as how high it is.

My readings have always been around 110/70. I had 1 before christmas which was 120/75. Now for 2 consecutive weeks 130/80 with swelling to feet only

130/80 is generaly calees the ok side of igh but im not sure if the paramaters are different during pregnancy

iv been 128/9the last few and nothing been said

at least ur in good hands with the extra monitoring, hope it stays put for you and doesnt get any higher

BP depends on what is normal for you, generally though 120/70 is perfect. 140/80 I would not generally be alarmed about however I am a mental health nurse and not a midwife so I am guessing that in pregnancy they have to be extra careful

My BP is always pretty low and stable but one reading did come out as 130/80 (it's in my notes). The MW said absolutely nothing about it so I think you are in very good hands with the extra monitoring.

Do they take your BP manually or digitally. Mine came up too high the last appointment but on the digital monitor so the MW did it again as they are unreliable and it came up straight after as pretty low! Whenever I've been to triage they have always down it with manual pump as they said it's much more reliable and mine has always been perfect when done like this.

Do make sure to report anything unusual (headaches, flashing lights etc.) to your MW though, that's what she's there for and she seems to be very supportive.

I've just been sent for monitoring this afternoon because my bp was 128/90.

I would class 100-150 systolic (top number) as normal, about 60-90 diastolic as normal.

But if you're a young healthy person whos BP is normally 100/60 and suddenly is 145/90 I'd be concerned. Mine is always 120/70 pretty perfect

i've just been admitted for pre eclampsia as my bp is 140/100 :( and have 2++ of protein. but they have monitored it every few days and were first worried when it was around 120/86 ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back