Blood Pressure

mandspice

Reaction score
Out of interest / comparison / nosiness, what is everyone's blood pressure reading at the mo?

Mine was 86/44 last week - midwife didn't seem concerned but could it cause a problem if it drops too low? xx

mine was at 120/80 today, but before now it has been 110/65 or so for every visit.

Sandi

100/55 (but I'm a lot earlier than you, so probably not an idea to compare ours?!)

It's all well and good all these numbers on my notes but I don't have a clue what any of them mean :lol: xxx

Had my 28 week appointment today and mine was 115/60.

The dreaded bp.....

Mine is high, yesterday at the midwife it was 130/94

Got the blood pressure consultant tomorrow at 11.50, last time I saw him he spoke about putting me on meds for 4 weeks which will take me to 37 weeks.
With my son the highest my bottom number went to was 120 something, apparently its very dangerous if its gets that high more than once, so they're wanting to prevent that.

xx

I also had my 28 week appt today, I was 110/60

the best thing too do is too look a what your bp was on your first mw visit and judge it off that if its lots higher or lower then im sure they will do someyhing about it, but as she didnt she must not be worried about it

I've got pre-existing high BP, the bottom number is the one they worry about the most I think, I was told if it goes over 100 I should go to the hospital, I'm on meds and have been since day one, they are very safe and keep me on an even keel my bottom number rarely goes over 85 now and the highest I have recorded since being pregnant is 98 when I was ill. If you feel that its higher than you'd like tell your midwife or ask her to explain what is safe and what is not, its such a pain that they write stuff in our notes but dont explain it, I think a lot of mw's need to brush up on their communication skills!

i've also got pregnancy induced hypertension - it's been around 150/95 - at it's highest as about 165/110 :?

i've been put on medication to keep it controlled, the tablets bring it down really quickly though and make me feel awful :wall:

i think it's normal for bp to raise at the end of pregnancy..

xxxx

mine has stayed around 130/60 to 142/78. it varies between these 2 readings

Hi,

Mine's usually between 95/50 and 110/60 - sometimes gets a bit low but it has never caused me a problem really.

i think if it gets too low you might get dizzy and fainty feeling,

:hug: :hug:

My 28 week appointment yesterday read 120/60

MW said that was perfectly normal. I have been through quite a bit of highs and lows in past weeks:
Highs make me sweat and pant- out of breath
Lows make me dizzy and nauseous, weak and tired.

Thanks everyone

I don't understand why I'm not constantly fainting lol but I think my BP was on the lower side pre-preg so maybe it's just normal for me xx

last time i went it was 140/92 at week 29

getting annoying as i suffer from low bp, or at least i used to :?
im hoping it goes down or no higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back