Blood Pressure and Fundus Measurements

Rosieroo

Reaction score
My blood pressure throughout my pg has been quite low - anything between 95/55-100/60.

Last week it was 98/70 and today it was 110/80.

What is everyone elses at the moment?

My midwife has said that it's high for me but still within normal ranges, however they dont want it to go any higher.

Also my fundus was 33cm last week and is 31.5cm this week. She has swopped sides though (back to my right was back to my left).

Feeling a little bit concerned and not very in control!!

Hi Rosieroo...
I understand that you're a bitty concerned, but you musn't worry. Your midwife will let you know if your BP is major concern! My BP has been 140/80 pretty much throughout the pregnancy. It really does depend on your age - put a one in front of your age and that should be the highest figure over the lower - the lower being no higher than 90. That's how it has been explained to me........ hope it helps you. Don't be afraid to ask the workings of your BP - I ask constantly!!!! :wink: :D

With regards to the fundus height - it really does depend on how baby is lying. Mine keeps changing all the time - as long as your midwife feels that your bump is growing well, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
I do feel for you, but you mustn't hesitate to ask more questions. This is my 3rd bunny and I'm not holding back! I wish I knew half the stuff during my first pregnancy!!! :?
You'll be great and so will your BP and BUMP!
Relax and enjoy!!!!!!
Emilia xx :wink:

Hey Rosie...

My bp has varied from 110/70 to 140/90, which was the last measurement. It's strange, many ppl seem to think that the 90 is high but the 140 is high for me too. I was talking to an old lady that I know the other day and having a bit of a moan about having to stay at home and when she asked me what my blood pressure was, and I told her, she said hers was 180/75! So I'm not that bad, am I?

I will know tomorrow if I can go back to work before Christmas as I'm having my bp taken again. My hands and face seem puffy enough still, but I don't think I've put on any more weight since last time...hoping that if I am sent back that I'll be able to DO something around the house anyway - all the washing is piling up and it's driving me mad!

Over here, they don't seem to measure the fundus at all, but maybe it's just local practice. My doc examined my bump for the first time two weeks ago and palpated all around it - otherwise the oby/gyn seemed contented enough to measure baby on the scan.

Sue

Blood pressure is different for everyone, they go of YOUR first ever reading at the start of pregnancy.
Some women have quite high readings at the start and stay at that sort of level, but someone else could have a low reading to start with. They only go off what is high for you and your normal readings.

Also it is the second number that they keep an eye on, my BP with Amy was usually 110/70, but towards the end it shot to 120/90- but because that was high for my normal readings then they were concerned.
I was in and out of hospital towards the end with Amy cos of sky high blood pressure, this is the only reason i know.

I wouldn't compare your blood pressure readings to any one elses hun as like i say we are all individual.
:D :D :D :D

Hi Rosieroo, I am not going to comment on the blood pressure prob, as I have no clue about it.

After being in the hospital at the weekend I was quizing the midwives over the fundus measurement. I am 30 weeks but measure 32.5cm, this is because Becky Bump is lying breech, and it's the way the baby lies that can have a major impact on measurements.

You are supposed to be 1cm for every week pregnant, and they told me that they are only ever concerned if someone is 3cm over or under, and that measurements can go up and down all the time, pending on the way baby is lying.

Hope this puts your mind at ease, I dropped 2cm 5 weeks ago, but measured normal again at the weekend. You and Buba are fine.

Chin up ;o) xx

Thanks girls, just felt a bit :( after seeing the midwife today. I wasn't meant to see her but I booked an appointment as I have been feeling so sore in my tum and she gave me a full MOT (was just expecting her to have a feel).

Having an hormonal day!

Hi

My BP with my second shot up to 140 / 90 and i was kept in twice overnight in hospital where they just got me to collect my urine for 24 hours. i had no other side effects other than the BP. Apparently 140 /90 is very high whilst pregnant, and it is the second figure that they look at.

My BP this time seems okay so far. Not had a fundus measurement yet, when do they start doing that.

i cant believe i'm 30 weeks today, yippee

x

They are supposed to start measuring your fundus at 28 weeks. They've been measuring mine but not always plotting it on the graph (just writing it down in my notes).

My BP is 100/60 and I was told that is fine, but it seems low to me, what do you lot think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back