Growth scans?? High risk?

Star_girl

Reaction score
I had my 12 week ultrasound today and I also see a consultant he has put me on 75mg of aspirin twice a day thought my pregnancy he also said I’m to have growth scan every 4 weeks from 28 weeks? Is this just because I had preeclampsia with my daughter? I had high blood pressure. I wish I had asked when I was at the hospital! But I have my next appointment at 16 weeks so I’ll ask more questions there x I’m guessing I’m now classed as high risk? I’m now guessing I may not be able to have a water birth? x

I had an issue with my placenta in my last pregnancy so also had scans every 4 weeks to check his growth. It was quite nice to see the baby so often! All was fine, but was reassuring that they were keeping a close eye.

High risk means you’ll have to use the delivery ward instead of midwife led because they’ll want to have a consultant nearby, but if you’ve previously had pre-eclampsia I’d imagine they’ll want to keep a close eye on you both. It doesn’t mean you can’t have a water birth though. Ask for a meeting with consultant midwife or head midwife to discuss your options. I was high risk and went for a VBAC, they had wireless and waterproof monitoring so I could still use the pool.

Growth scans can be part of your plan of care for many reasons - previous small baby, raised BMI, twins, are some examples. The aspirin is to reduce the risk of you developing it again.

Growth scans can be part of your plan of care for many reasons - previous small baby, raised BMI, twins, are some examples. The aspirin is to reduce the risk of you developing it again.

Thankyou I am overweight and my daughter was born 40+1 by induction she was 7lb 4oz x
I’m hoping I can avoid it this time :)

It will be to do with your BMI then. All just done as precautionary. Shouldn’t exclude you from a water birth, obviously depending on your local trust policy and how things go during the pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back