High Risk Pregnancy x

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
Is anyone else classed as a High risk?

Feeling a tad alone in my journey, I know its all down to my diabetes. Would love to see if anyone else is going throught the same process to get their babies x

Sorry if anyone is confused by this post... I just feel like why me sometimes. I'm the only one in my family that has gest diabetes and now I don't think I'll ever get to give birth naturally x

hi

i wasnt classed as high risk but had an open appointment with the hospital as id had cervical cancer a few years ago and was at risk of miscarraige or prem labour, also had placenta previa, so i can understand your anxiety.

try not to worry if the hospital/MW are aware they will take excellent care of you, and they understand how you feel hun x x

Thanks for reply hun x

Yeah I had good care last time, just the birth was traumatic :( x

I high risk and to be honest I have had great care coz you see the consultant as well as the midwife. I am having an extra scan and extra checks so nothing to worry about hun!!! Plus I hope that when I go into labour that I wont be dismissed as I know some people can be!!
xxx

Just because you have GD doesn't mean you can't have a normal birth.
I have it and nothing has changed with regards to my birth plan. My midwife and consultant are all treating my pregnancy and birth as routine... At least until there's reason to think otherwise. So think positive! :)

I am high risk as i have MS (Multiple Sclerosis). As Mrs N says it can be beneficial in the way that you get extra appointments with consultants and scans! x

Just because you have GD doesn't mean you can't have a normal birth.
I have it and nothing has changed with regards to my birth plan. My midwife and consultant are all treating my pregnancy and birth as routine... At least until there's reason to think otherwise. So think positive! :)

I had section, with Leo and I don't think I'll be allowed to have induction, plus frankly I wouldn't want another at the same hospital but as I can't travel to a better one I am stuck back there this time again :(

I am going to ask about normal delievery but I'm guessing a section would be easier for both me and the baby. I can't go throught the same trauma as last time it nearly killed me. I got infection aftyer infection and my son had jaunice which didn't help me with the fact I was left on my own with no help or support in the hospital for a week to be let out finally at 8pm. After a Polish midwife messed up my files grrrrr.

I'm not slating the extra care, just wondered how others are getting on with it. I struggled last time after the birth (PND) so I am being looked after now as not on any medication as I stopped it for babys sake x

I'm high risk due to diabetes too hunnie x I was with my first too, had her two days early, naturally, not even a tear so never say never x

I'm high risk due to diabetes too hunnie x I was with my first too, had her two days early, naturally, not even a tear so never say never x

So you were allowed to go full term? I wasn't allowed last time they just said its incase of big baby. Then after my horrific birth the staff told my MIL it was because the risk of still born increases the longer I bake baby towards the full term. I was induced at 38 weeks then had section 2 days later :(

Will you be having growth scans? And testing your blood? I have to do my blood 4 times a day, and I'm having scans at 28 weeks 32 weeks and 36 weeks. As long as my sugars are not over the top and baby measures fine they are happy for me to go full term, won't let me go more than a week over though. Not allowed to go birthing centre though as high risk x cut out sugar from now and you might be surprised x

I am high risk too, i have epilepsy and in all 3 of my previous pregnancies i had pre-eclampsia and very small babies, my first was delivered by c-section at 32 weeks weighing 2lb 10oz, my 2nd was 2 days late, delivered by c-section after being induced and my blood pressure went sky high and baby got distressed she weighed 5lb 1oz and my youngest was born by emergency c-section as my placenta ruptured at 30 weeks and he weighed 2lb 5oz, im having shared care with the midwife and consultant, have to have monthly growth scans from 28 weeks and weekly blood pressure checks from 25 weeks. My midwife and consultant is brilliant xxx

kerry did you found out you were diabetic at 28 weeks with the GTT? I know I am now as been doing sugars with Leo I was monitored from 12 weeks. Maybe thats why I was induced early as mine is more long term so risks are higher?

In agony at the moment shooting pains in my hips, don't know wether to go A + E partner is going hospital for his knee appointment anyways x

No I found out earlier this time 16 weeks I think, but my sugars have been fairly good and baby is a good weight. The midwife did say every area do things differently though x x
If its that bad that you are wondering if you should go, I would go just to put your mind at risk if nothing else xxx

My pregnancy has been classed as high risk due to my bleeding disorder and having had a burst intestine as well so they are keeping a close eye on me xx

I am classed as high risk too because I am quite overweight. I am trying to be quite careful with what I eat so I don't pile loads of weight on

im high risk too

1.becuase of frequent UTI's
2.and 3. mental health diagnoses

i have to have a test for diabetes later on because my BMI is one point over the cut-off point for testing!
im quite pleased though, its one less thing to worry about!

Thanks for replies everyone, I'm coping with the idea of this pregnancy being more of a risk to myself this time. Just scares me as doctors do keep you in the dark alittle so you research on net and end up more freaked out than if they told you the truth :S

Just had my first apsrin very wary of it never taken it before so don't know if thats going to upset me. Also I satrted on my high folic acid today, not much difference I suppose no side effects lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back