Growth Scan & Possible Induction today!! ** Update pg 2**

Hey girlies sorry its taken me so long..

Well I'm still pregnant haha. Baby is very very small though :( literally below the 1st centile on his chart. They aren't really sure what to do tbh because he seems to be fine otherwise as in his heartbeat and the cord blood ect ect but hes just not growing properly

Basically what they have said is that I need to come back Monday for another discussion with consultant as ideally they want to keep him in til 37 weeks.

His weight is 4lb 14oz for those of you that are interested. I'm really gutted as I said to OH that as long as he had made it to 5lb (he was 4lb 3oz at last scan) then I wouldn't feel like such of a failure, but there we go!

Have they said there could be any reason for it?

My cousin had a couple of growth scans and at her last one was told her baby had got up to 7lb something. But when she was born she was only 5lb something! So these scans aren't always 100% accurate and they can get it wrong (very wrong in her case)

But a small baby isn't an ill baby so don't worry huni, and she's got weeks left yet, so it's good they're keeping an eye on u, but don't stress urself out now x

Last edited:
Hun ur not a failure! And he could easily get to 7lbs full term! Hes just under 5lbs at 36wks. I wouldnt personally say thats overly small! I no im no expert tho!

Girl in work gave birth at 41+4 and he weighed 5lbs 1!! And 100% healthy!

Ur not a failure!

And hopefully monday ull get more answers huni xxxx

don't you dare think that you're a failure!!

Hopefully on Monday they will have some answers for you as to where you go next... the main thing is he IS growing... and as you say everything is fine!

It's amazing what a week can do, and he's only 2oz off 5lb too...

fingers crossed your little man can pile on those ounces :) xxx

Thanks ladies i know its silly, i just really had it in my head that I would be happy with 5lb, especially cuz of all these chubby babies people keep posting about on here...

They have no idea why he's not growing properly, he should be as everything seems so well with him, maybe I just can't carry big babies?

Anyway, I am happy that at least he has put on 9oz so I am obviously supplying him enough for now. Just got to wait and see what consultant thinks on Monday. I am just gonna enjoy carrying my little boy for the next few days, and once I reach 37 weeks ill be trying to get him out myself anyway!!

Hi Sara sorry I'm just catching up, just home from work. Like the girls say you are in no way a failure! your bubs is growing and could potentially be 7lbs if you go to due date. My friend was told she had a larger than average baby at 35wks but he was born at 38+4 at 6lbs so they can be massively wrong both ways! Enjoy the next few days of being preggers and hope bubs continues to grow and grow Xxx

Not far from 5 pound ! That's good that he has put on :) x

Hey girlies sorry its taken me so long..

Well I'm still pregnant haha. Baby is very very small though :( literally below the 1st centile on his chart. They aren't really sure what to do tbh because he seems to be fine otherwise as in his heartbeat and the cord blood ect ect but hes just not growing properly

Basically what they have said is that I need to come back Monday for another discussion with consultant as ideally they want to keep him in til 37 weeks.

His weight is 4lb 14oz for those of you that are interested. I'm really gutted as I said to OH that as long as he had made it to 5lb (he was 4lb 3oz at last scan) then I wouldn't feel like such of a failure, but there we go!

just to add to everyone else's comments, you're certainly not a failure hun hes obviously doing ok as he's growing still and movements are good. every baby is different at the end of the day, think how we are all different heights and sizes etc. Fx for another growth spurt. Everything they checked is good so try not to worry. I prescribe steak :)
take care hun xxx

hi Hunny your post has hit a nerve as i measured small yesterday and got myself all worried

By sounds of it they are happy with your bubs and as u say a few more days i bet he puts more weight on ..
You are NOT a failure u have and are providing a warm and cosy home for bubba till his readyxx

Of course your not a failure and there is such a good chance he could weigh near 7lb at 40 weeks. I was born at 39 weeks exactly and I weighed 5lb. If they were overly concerned im sure you would know xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back