Update had my growth scan today

LucyAnn

Reaction score
hi everyone went for my growth scan today as midwife had measured me 4weeks behind as if the baby had stopped growing. The sonographer confirmed that the naby is 5:5lbs which is literally the minimum I can be on growth chart and says the baby has really decreased in growth rate. I had to be referred to the clinic straight after. They have told me because baby isnt quite under growth line they are going to just monitor me for now.

So plan of action got midwife nxt tue n if growth rate similar will have another growth scan and will decide then whether to induce or not. They reassured me that sumtimes baby could just grow all of a suddrn etc but said any worries or decreased movement dont wait go straight in to them. I felt abit readdired now just worried for tuesday!

On a really good note was amazing to see baby again still head down, dhoeef me the heary etv and lips and even hair! Had a full head of hair difnt think u cud even see that on a scan!!wad amazing. Sorry for typos on phone and thanks for all ur kind words snd support as always xxxx

Aww it's good to hear that baby is still head down and everything. It's better if they're monitoring you, then you know you're getting the care you need :)

My sister in law has had to go for scans every two weeks for the second half of her pregnancy because the growth rate had slowed down, but all was well with LO. She's due to have him a week tomorrow!

Hope everything keeps going well for you

xx

Hope everything goes well next week, like they said maybe baby will have a growth spurt this week, least they are monitoring you x

Thanks sarah quite anxious to meet lil one now im super excited :+)xx

Thanks ft90 wow its relieved me knowing about your sis in law she must be so pleased. Its lovely to hear things can correct themselves :+) xx

Ps yeah think the heads been down since about 28weeks at first I thought that meant baby was on way every time I sneezed I crossed my legs lol this has been one big learning curve xx

Thanks ft90 wow its relieved me knowing about your sis in law she must be so pleased. Its lovely to hear things can correct themselves :+) xx

She is really pleased, she's was really worried the whole way through. She didn't know how successful her pregnancy would be, she had clips on her fallopian tubes for years (she has 2 kids from a previous relationship). Then after being with my brother for 4 years, they decided that she'd have a reversal. Docs told her it might take up to a year for her to conceive, but then 2 months later she had her BFP!

I'm so excited to meet my little nephew, makes me jealous though that I have to wait another month after she has him to meet my LO!

But things can correct themselves, and even if LO is growing slower than normal, they can still be perfectly healthy, just on the small side, just have to get some extra tiny clothes!!!

xx

She is really pleased, she's was really worried the whole way through. She didn't know how successful her pregnancy would be, she had clips on her fallopian tubes for years (she has 2 kids from a previous relationship). Then after being with my brother for 4 years, they decided that she'd have a reversal. Docs told her it might take up to a year for her to conceive, but then 2 months later she had her BFP!

I'm so excited to meet my little nephew, makes me jealous though that I have to wait another month after she has him to meet my LO!

But things can correct themselves, and even if LO is growing slower than normal, they can still be perfectly healthy, just on the small side, just have to get some extra tiny clothes!!!

xx

Awww that is such a lovely story shes so lucky its so levely that its all worked out and u are all so excited :) . My friends just given birth a few weeks back and I know what you mean I fdel abit impatient too. Yes will take your tip and get some smaller vests etc. my dad makes me laugh he keeps calling the baby thomas thumb now and saying we will have to use socks as nappies as nappies will be too big. Thats his humour of the situation...men! So I keep threatening that my waters will break on his new carpet lmao!!

I really hope ur sis in law has a healthy labour in a week eeeeek thats not long at all xx

I'm happy that I don't know anyone else that's due before me, I'd be starting to get really impatient! Once my sister in law has her LO, then there's nothing that will come before me having mine! I remember when OH and I were TTC and my mum told me that her and my brother were having a baby, I was so gutted, thought it would never happen for us. OH works away so we only spend 6 weeks of every 12 together, and it's hard to time around ovulation etc... Little did we know, I was already pregnant!

They have such cute preemie clothes! I keep looking at them! Most of the designs and things are just for the extra small ones, you can't buy them in regular newborn! I'm gutted! I think my baby is a giant, MW told me she thinks he's big, and I'm measuring 2-3 weeks ahead, so we'll see! My stomach is HUGE, so no cute preemie cloths for me!

xx

Glad things are looking better for you goof luck with your next scan xx

Glad to hear they are keeping an eye in you, it's better to be safe. Good luck fir the next scan!

I'm happy that I don't know anyone else that's due before me, I'd be starting to get really impatient! Once my sister in law has her LO, then there's nothing that will come before me having mine! I remember when OH and I were TTC and my mum told me that her and my brother were having a baby, I was so gutted, thought it would never happen for us. OH works away so we only spend 6 weeks of every 12 together, and it's hard to time around ovulation etc... Little did we know, I was already pregnant!

They have such cute preemie clothes! I keep looking at them! Most of the designs and things are just for the extra small ones, you can't buy them in regular newborn! I'm gutted! I think my baby is a giant, MW told me she thinks he's big, and I'm measuring 2-3 weeks ahead, so we'll see! My stomach is HUGE, so no cute preemie cloths for me!

xx

aww cant believe how close your conceptions and pregnancy's have been I can see why you cannot wait! aWW i havent seen any prem clothes I iwll have to have a gander sounds so cute. wow hope i get a full blown bump soon mines tiny! do you have any idea of the weight of your baby yet? Mine is 5;5lbs at 36 weeks doctors just unsure at moment of babies rate of growth thats what is being monitored so know idea whether lil baba will be small or average :) xx

Yeah I know it's so strange! It'll be nice to have cousins born so close together! I used to love it when I was younger because I had 2 cousins born the same year as me, both in january then me in august, and I used to love it because we could all play together!

My LO will be lucky because he'll have this (boy) cousin due this week, then my OHs sister has two little girls, 4 and 2, so he'll have loads close in age!

Don't have any idea of the weight of the baby... Nobody has told me! MW has just told me she thinks he's a big one! He'll probably be quite long, I was a long baby, and quite skinny. Shame though, I love chubby babies, they're so much cuter!!!

Haha you don't want a bigger bump! Even my maternity clothes are tight now! I can't wait to wear normal clothes again! xx

aww sounds like it will be lovely lovely so many children growing up together :) I only had 4 brothers and 2 sisters to play with while i was growing up lol!My brother broke the news last night him and his gf are expecting they are anything between 4-8 weeks they are so excited and eventually my lil one will be playing with there lil one, I can see what you mean, feels nice they will always have a playmate!Well i just wished my belly button would go piiiing lol always thought thats a weird thing to have an 'outy' but my bump aint got that big yet.I am alittle gutted as i bought two pairs of mat jeans, one i wear and is over the bump bt the under the bump ones dont fit they are well too big still ;'( lol im saying this if i go to sleep and wake up all big like nutty professor did i will be winging about that too.Just curious whether i will pop out in these last few weeks or if it will just be steady.awww its nice you have a rough idea of what to expect :) xxx

Haha only had 4 brothers and 2 sisters!!! I have three brothers, but one is 33 (I'm 21), one is almost 19, and one is almost 5. So I only had one brother close to me in age to play with.

Awww congrats to your brother and his gf! It's so nice when there are other people around having babies! My brother and sister in law live a few hours away, wish they lived a bit closer cos I don't know anyone else who's pregnant around here!

Some people's bellybuttons never pop out! That was the thing I dreaded the most, because I HATE bellybuttons, I can't stand anything touching mine or even bringing attention to it! The thought of material touching it made me sick! Thankfully, even though my bump is massive, my bellybutton hasn't popped out!!!! I was dreading it every day thinking it would be the day it popped, but it's never happened, so I don't think it will now :D xx

lol yeah 4 bros 2 sis but they are mostly alot older than me im 24, but i never had any nephews, nieces or cousins growing up :(

Yeah my bro lives about an hour and a half away, hard isnt it when your yonger you will do anything to not bump in to each other, then growing up you would love it if they lived in the same street lol! Thanks for the congrats. Think thats all me moms going to be upset about the distance :(

Really omg! i do know quite a few people who hate belly buttons tbh i just wonder if goes like POP lol! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back