Scan and Dr. today...a possible problem?

KJL

Reaction score
I had a scan today to check baby's growth and position. Good news is that baby is head down :dance: with her ickle bum just under my ribs. The dr. doing the scan commented on how active she is...she was ALL over the place when he was scanning and making a lot of objections to being disturbed :D Everything was good with her organs, blood flow and heart rate so yey! I Dr. showed me the hair on her head (it appears she's gonna have a big bushy mop like me!).

The only problem was that they picked up that baby's abdominal growth had slowed down. I saw the obstetrician after my scan and he explained that this means that the baby's growth had slowed down slightly and could be possibly due to a reduction in the nutrition she is receiving. He said that he wants to rescan me in two weeks to check baby's growth rate again and then reasses the situation then. My mum had this problem when she was pregnant and was induced early for all three of us so i'm guessing it's a possibility for me too. Bubs is quite little anyway so I don't want her growth to slow down too much.

hopefully she will have caught up by then next scan :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks guys, to be honest I wouldn't be too upset if they had to induce me a bit early...bubs is kicking for king and country at the moment and I'm not enjoying it :? :rotfl: Dr said even if she came early the chances are she would be perfectly ok as her organs and so forth are well developed.

when i had one of my scans the abdominal growth appeared to have slowed down and the sonographer got me all worried about it

then when i saw the midwife she said there was nothing to worry about at all and even the baby having a wee can affect the measurements of the abdominal circumference :?

i dont know if its anything that simple with you but it seems lots of times we can be told one thing and get all stressed then it turns out fine

at least theyre keeping an eye on you so it should all be ok

gymbabeliz said:
when i had one of my scans the abdominal growth appeared to have slowed down and the sonographer got me all worried about it

then when i saw the midwife she said there was nothing to worry about at all and even the baby having a wee can affect the measurements of the abdominal circumference :?

i dont know if its anything that simple with you but it seems lots of times we can be told one thing and get all stressed then it turns out fine

at least theyre keeping an eye on you so it should all be ok

Thanks, it's good to know that. The dr did say to not worry too much about it at the moment and that they will keep an eye on it so they can just be sure everything is as it should be so i'm keeping positive that it's ok. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back